Do you carry in the pipe or not ?

This is a discussion on Do you carry in the pipe or not ? within the Kahr Talk forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; Absolutely, I carry one in the pipe!...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you carry in the pipe or not ?

Absolutely, I carry one in the pipe!

Yes, one in the tube and 7 in the mag (yes I carry the extended mag) in a Desantis R8 pocket holster in my front pocket with nothing else in that pocket. Ever. The pistol never comes out of the holster and the trigger is never uncovered. I cannot image anything hitting the pistol in my pocket so hard that would cause an AD.

Absolutely, I carry my guns with a loaded chamber. First, I can't even imagine how much stress I'd be under if I had to draw my gun, so the plan is to KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid. Draw, aim, bang. No safeties, no slide to rack, just pull the trigger. Second, carrying a gun that holds so few rounds, I'm not willing to be minus 1. Seven rounds isn't a lot; six is even worse. Heck, even though my primary carry gun holds 12+1, why would I want to give up a round for no real benefit?

Absolutely. When things go bad every split second counts.

I always carried Glocks with the chamber empty because its so easy to rack the slide. I know all about the cons of Cond 3, but thats how I felt about the short stroke Glock trigger and the potential for a ND. I'll carry my CW9 in Cond 1 in a good holster because (1) the Kahr slide is hard to slingshot and (2) I have more confidence an ND won't happen with Kahr's longer trigger pull. Everyday carry will be in a Remora.

I'm also buying a Mitch Rosen belt holster, high ride style, for CC occassions when I'm sitting a lot. This will be more comfortable for driving, dining out, movies, etc. and will keep the muzzle pointing downward in public places.

BT
    Mine doesn't have a pipe, but I do carry a PM9 in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster or strapped to my soft armor in a vest holster, always with a round in the chamber, and have for over a decade now. Never an issue, never a concern. I will not carry it or anything else in my pants pocket without at least a soft pocket holster, regardless of whether the chamber is loaded or not.
    Thanks,

BT

WWW.NLEOMF.ORG / NRA Endowment / NAHC LIFE
    "Engraving on a handgun is like lace on a leather jacket"

Do you carry in the pipe or not ?

Yep, one in the pipe

My P380 goes (hot) in a Desantis Superfly in a pocket, and that combination is the ONLY thing that goes in that pocket, period. Carrying a bare gun in a pocket is asking for trouble, but, as most have tried to assure you in this theread, carrying in a reliable holster that protects the trigger should provide you with adequate peace of mind.

Always one in the chamber no matter what type of pistol. If you carry with the chamber empty you might as well leave the gun at home. Drawing the gun and racking the slide in an SD situation under stress will probably go badly for you.
    If in a booth sit next to your wife or to the left or right of her on the opposite side, at a square table take the seat to the right or left side of her.

Re: Do you carry in the pipe or not ?

Always carry with one in the chamber. My carry gun, an SR40c, is also carried with the safety off. Only time I use the safety it's when I'm removing it from its holster, a Tommy Theis iwb. My wife's p380 is also carried hot, but as stated above, in a holster.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads