Do you carry in the pipe or not ?

This is a discussion on Do you carry in the pipe or not ? within the Kahr Talk forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; Don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing, but, I've been in law enforcement since 1981. If one thinks they'd ever be able to draw a ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you carry in the pipe or not ?

one in the pipe-are you serious????

Don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing, but, I've been in law enforcement since 1981. If one thinks they'd ever be able to draw a compact semi auto and rack the slide in a panic combat situation they are a better man than me! Don't fret about carrying one in the pipe, other than being in your home safe, they're meant to be carried that way. One would have to be very foolhardy to ever accidentally discharge a round from an IWB holster on a Kahr. Much like a revolver. I've been carrying in front, right side, on mean streets of NYC, since 1981 and could not fathom carrying and thinking of racking a slide to chamber a round. If one is even the slightest bit concerned about that, go to a hammerless .38 revolver.................just my 2 cents........................I would not still be alive if I had to rack my mini compact semi auto.................................
    jmarke likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 09Carrera View Post
    Don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing, but, I've been in law enforcement since 1981. If one thinks they'd ever be able to draw a compact semi auto and rack the slide in a panic combat situation they are a better man than me! Don't fret about carrying one in the pipe, other than being in your home safe, they're meant to be carried that way. One would have to be very foolhardy to ever accidentally discharge a round from an IWB holster on a Kahr. Much like a revolver. I've been carrying in front, right side, on mean streets of NYC, since 1981 and could not fathom carrying and thinking of racking a slide to chamber a round. If one is even the slightest bit concerned about that, go to a hammerless .38 revolver.................just my 2 cents........................I would not still be alive if I had to rack my mini compact semi auto.................................
    I agree with your post and sentiments offered by others about Condition 1 carry in a secure holster, pocket or belt. I do believe there is a learning curve for folks new to CC and new to semi-autos that requires developing experience handling the pistol. I've been carrying for years, mostly in belt holsters, but I carried Glocks Cond 3 for a long time. Now I've become confident with my Kahr in C1. We do take on a very large responsibility with a chambered handgun on board.

Yes ..in the pipe ...
    That's the main reason I carry a Kahr ...
    The trigger is much better than a locked & cocked single action .. thats just me ..

Update , after buying a Kahr P380 , CM9 , MK9 , CM40 and a few Glocks I now always carry loaded. It just takes a while to get comfortable with it but striker fired pistols are my carry of choice now. I still pack my 1911 on a whim.....

Always!!!!!
    cm9

I have always carried all six in the cylinder and now always carry one in the pipe.

Of course. Timeouts aren't allowed in CQB

I just bought my p380 today (10 days to pick up) and so reading all your comments has been very helpful because I am mentally gearing up for cc issues. I got the p380 because my S&W 640 was just too bulky for concealment and fast access. I had been looking at the Baretta Tomcat, but I loved the size and feel of the p380 right off the bat. Rather pricey, but the quality is worth it to me. I'll be checking out this forum in the days ahead as I get used to my new gun.

I carry with one in the pipe. That way there is never a question about "if" the weapon is loaded.

I saw some video about the Israeli draw...chamber...fire. But I heard that was because of some "questionable" pistols from years back. My guess is that the drill is now obsolete. You can catch it on youtube. Interesting to watch but I train in Fairbairn-Applegate Point Shooting. Yeah old school, but if good enough for the OSS, good enough for me. It is very consistent and focused on close in gunfighting. The extra steps in the Israeli method just slows down the action IMHO.

Consistency: I also sold off a very nice FNX-9 about 6 weeks ago because it had (for me) too many options for carrying it "safe" and more than once I flipped off the thumb safety and it did NOT go bang. So aside from revolvers, I am totally a strikerfired man today. I want a consistent manual of arms with each of my carry guns. The FN was a wonderful pistol and came with three 17 round magazines, but in a crisis situation the last thing I need is a hint of ambiguity.

I have owned and carried various pistols and always carry in the pipe. get accustomed to your pistol(s) and the equipment that goes with it ... remember ... practice, practice, practice. In the end it's all about the software(brains) not the hardware (equipment).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ads