Buffalo Bore 380 +P 90 gr JHP

This is a discussion on Buffalo Bore 380 +P 90 gr JHP within the Ammo Dump forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; I have watched several videos on the Buffal Bore 380+P 90gr JHP load and I was impressed with what I saw. It seemed that they ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By linksrds
  • 3 Post By Higgy Baby
  • 1 Post By Ken 3D
  • 1 Post By Ken 3D

Thread: Buffalo Bore 380 +P 90 gr JHP

Member #
    Liked
    55 times

I have watched several videos on the Buffal Bore 380+P 90gr JHP load and I was impressed with what I saw. It seemed that they were getting 9MM performance from a short barreled pistol. Has anyone had any experience with this round? The Kahr is one of the few small pocket pistols capable of handling the +P round.
    ron54 and Leftyis70 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11142 times
    Have not used BB.....but hear good reports on it.
    I would suggest you also look at Underwood Extreme Cavitator....their 32 acp round has made the 32 acp a respectable carry!
    Also...take a look at the Labs on the Lucky Gunner site. They tested a lot of ammo and have videos, pics and charts to see what each ammo did.

Look here- scroll way down to the charts- there you can see everything in one place- the 2nd and third rounds they tested were the Corbon Power ball and the 90 gr jhp.....they did not do well, but they did not test the +p.

When you click on the page- go ahead and scroll down to the charts....that will put you at the heard of the information is one spot.

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/sel...llistic-tests/
    BillACP, ron54 and Leftyis70 like this.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgy Baby View Post
    I would suggest you also look at Underwood Extreme Cavitator....their 32 acp round has made the 32 acp a respectable carry!
    Also...take a look at the Labs on the Lucky Gunner site. They tested a lot of ammo and have videos, pics and charts to see what each ammo did.

Look here- scroll way down to the charts- there you can see everything in one place- the 2nd and third rounds they tested were the Corbon Power ball and the 90 gr jhp.....they did not do well, but they did not test the +p.

When you click on the page- go ahead and scroll down to the charts....that will put you at the heard of the information is one spot.

+1

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgy Baby View Post

+1

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    New member, first post, big Kahr fan....have a cw380 and a cm9. Just ordered some Underwood 380 +p and am anxious to try it out. I was interested if Kahr approves of using +p ammo and looked through the 380 owners manual, finding nothing on the subject, although I've read +p is used by many Kahr owners as a defensive round. Kahr may be silent on the issue for 380 since there is no pressure standard for it unlike 9mm, .40 cal and .45 acp.
    BillACP likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8474 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken 3D View Post
    New member, first post, big Kahr fan....have a cw380 and a cm9. Just ordered some Underwood 380 +p and am anxious to try it out. I was interested if Kahr approves of using +p ammo and looked through the 380 owners manual, finding nothing on the subject, although I've read +p is used by many Kahr owners as a defensive round. Kahr may be silent on the issue for 380 since there is no pressure standard for it unlike 9mm, .40 cal and .45 acp.
    https://www.kahr.com/faq/
    "Which ammunition is recommended for use with Kahr firearms?

A. Kahr Arms does not endorse any particular brand of ammunition. However, not every brand of ammunition produces the same results. Please check the markings on the barrel hood of your firearm to determine the proper caliber. Kahr suggests a visit to a pistol range to test fire different brands of ammunition in the proper caliber. Kahr do not recommend steel case, reloads or un-jacketed ammunition. The Kahr pistol is rated to +P."

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks Bill.
    BillACP likes this.