Just me? I don't get it... - Page 2

Just me? I don't get it...

This is a discussion on Just me? I don't get it... within the Kahr 45 ACP forums, part of the Kahr Pistol Forum category; Good news! I made it to the range yesterday and put about 40 rounds downrange with the CW45, NO issues this time. Shortening the front ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Just me? I don't get it...

Washington State, 25 miles from Seattle in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Good news! I made it to the range yesterday and put about 40 rounds downrange with the CW45, NO issues this time. Shortening the front extractor rod, rounding the extractor's sharp corner and buffing all contactor surfaces seems to have done the trick. I used both 185 and 230 grain bullets with Bullseye and my go-to 45 powder, Alliant Reddot. The Kimber magazine, however, needs work. The follower actually popped out of the magazine and went down range, not far but I had to call for a cease fire to get it, HA! I'll use small dabs of JB Weld to secure the follower to the spring where they contact, that will secure it in place. Once I get that fixed, I'll get more rounds down range then put it in the carry rotation.
    ron54 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Great work on that 45. I agree with everything said before. Especially about the trigger being a main reason why the Kahrs don't sell that well. My LGS has also stopped supporting the brand. I was attracted to my CM9 because of the low weight but I love everything about it including that sweet shooting trigger. What I have noticed at the range though is that when you go through the drills no matter how good your grip and mechanics are because of the "slow" trigger and the short barrel you have to concentrate really hard to get effective shots on target. With the newer guns recoil control is easier and shooting more accurate. Your sights just come back on target faster and with less effort. So people shy away from the Kahrs. I, however, love the feel of my CM9 and CW380. If my groups are a little bigger than with some other guns as long as they stay in that combat effective zone I get to have the best of both worlds. I'll always be a Kahr fan.
    ron54 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    24211 times

Just me? I don't get it...

Just a side comment in agreement with above poster..... for me the Kahrs are self defense weapons, and as such while accuracy is important I don’t really consider them to be bullseye target shooters .... just my own opinion ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by ron54; 08-24-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    BillACP, spentcase and FR8TRAIN like this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1097 times
    I agree. They are the proper tool for the right job (ie close quarter self defense). And for the most part that job's description does not include distances over a "self-defense" scenario's reasonable expected distance.
    Last edited by spentcase; 08-24-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    ron54 likes this.
    sc

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Newbie here. I just picked up my first Kahr firearm earlier this month, a CW45 I got off of GB for $369. After following the pre-range break in (cleaned & lubed, rack the slide about 300 times, locked the slide back and left it for a couple of days), I ran 150 rounds through it without a single FTF, stovepipe or any other malfunction. Just fell in love with it. Took a bit to get use to this little cannon but now, my accuracy has improved tremendously given I haven't picked up a handgun in over 25 years.
    Just me?  I don't get it...-20200928_080125.jpg
    ron54 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1097 times
    That is indeed a little cannon. Good to hear it worked out well for you. Welcome to the board!
    BillACP, FR8TRAIN and ron54 like this.
    sc

Member #
    Liked
    24211 times
    Well done ... while the CW45 is a little hand cannon, it should be a smooth shooter as that caliber is a low pressure round and is comfortable to shoot .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    BillACP likes this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2