Kahr Handgun Forum banner

Great customer service for Used PM45

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Garner 
#1 ·
I just acquired a used PM45 to accompany my PM9 in my ccw rotation. When I got to the range I discovered the issue where the top round in the magazine was getting pinched under the lower part of the slide stripper when a magazine is inserted with the slide locked back. This was avoidable if the round was not pushed fully in the mag. Well I attempted to resolve this myself by filing the stripper down enough for the round to clear it when the mag is inserted. On the second range outing. The problem appeared fixed. Except for some new issues. A few failure to reset the trigger and one failure to chamber a round on a follow up shot. I had already requested to send the pm45 to kahr before trying to fix it myself. Well this pistol is used with a manufacturing date of 2010. Well when I received a FedEx shipping label I was surprised. Well I decided to send it in to have it checked out. Figured I would take the hit for a new slide if I ruined it with my modification. Well I received a call from Kahr today. They have had it for 1 week. They asked me if I still wanted to add night sights that I had requested. When I asked about the issues, the tech advised that the slide, slide stop and follower was being replaced. As you can imagine, I was pleasantly surprised that it all was covered under warranty for a 7 year old pistol and second owner. Well I did get the nightsights. The pistol is on the way back as I write this thread and will start the breakin period for a almost new pistol soon. As you can tell, I'm very happy with kahr customer service. I would have to say I'm a loyal customer.

See less See more
#5 ·
A while ago kahr did go through a rough spot with some not so great customer service........... but in the last couple of years they have really turned it into some great service with a quick turnaround .......... glad to hear your good report and enjoy that fine weapon you now have......

#8 ·
Ok got off work late last night and my package was waiting at home. Thanks to my wife hanging around the house waiting for FedEx. Went out this morning with a box of Federal American Eagle. Shoot 44 AE, 3 Hydroshock and 3 Critical Defense. All 50 rounds of 45 ACP shot flawlessly. Very happy with the outcome. Thanks Kahr.
In my first post, it all started when the top round in mag, when fully insert in the mag would get smashed under the stripper rail, under a locked back slide. I tried to file some metal away to allow round to insert in front of the stripper even when the round is fully insert in mag. I believe this caused more problems, FTF and failure to reset the trigger problems. As I said, Kahr replaced the slide and slide stop under warranty on a 7 year old pistol and my bad modification. Again, thanks Kahr.

Ok I noticed with the new slide, the top round still get smashed or pinned under the stripper when fully pushed in the mag. When loading the mag if I push down on the top round, it gives enough clearance for the mag to insert properly. I notice this new slide has a little more clearance and the round doesn't have to be push much further forward. So I won't do any mods to this slide, I learned my lesson the first time. I can live with this quirk. Just have to pre stage the top round. Wonder if this will change as the slide breaks in over time.

Reactions: lefty60
#12 ·
View attachment 12386 View attachment 12394 . First pic is the rim of the round pinched under slide. Second pic is round a little forward and sitting in front of the slide in proper position.
It is hard to see any amount of detail, and it appears that just the edge of the cartridge rim is caught under the front edge of the slide.

If that is correct, do you have more than one mag? If so, does this happen with all of them?

Does this happen only on an empty mag lock back? If so, the slide lock may be too short, or at least the portion that fits into the slide notch! The slide only needs to move back a tiny amount for the round to finish moving up.

It seems to me that a properly done rack would make things work correctly, where using the slide lock to release the slide does'nt work because the slide is already on top of the up comming round.

Reactions: BillACP
#13 ·
Sorry about the pics. Your correct just the edge of the rim. On my old slide that was replaced, it had more of the rim covered and I had to push the round further forward to clear the slide. The new slide has more clearance and just a slight forward push on the round clears the slide. I've got a 6 round pm45 mag on order and should have on Saturday. Staging the first round is not a problem. During the range visit today all 50 rounds were flawless.

#14 ·
The problem with staging the first round is that it will not stay that way while in a mag pouch!

Are you dropping the slide by using the slide lock lever??? If so, try a two handed slide rack, run the slide back as hard as you can and when it quits traveling back let go of it like it was a snake trying to bite you!! Do not let your hand touch the slide after you let go of it! I'm thinking that the round will chamber!

If a new mag works fine using the slide lock, then use your original mag for the primary and mark it so that you will know which one it is, that way the reload will work with the slide lock.

#15 ·
I believe The new slide has the issues worked out. As I stated the new slide has a little more cleance than the original. When inserting the loaded magazine in the pm45 with the slide locked back, as long as I insert the mag with a little force or slap on the bottom. The top round slips past the stripper and comes to rest in front. With the old mag the top round had to be staged All seems good now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.