Anybody think Kahr will respond to the Hellcat & P365? - Page 2

Anybody think Kahr will respond to the Hellcat & P365?

This is a discussion on Anybody think Kahr will respond to the Hellcat & P365? within the Kahr 9MM forums, part of the Kahr Pistol Forum category; Originally Posted by Oldjarhead Hard to say. For quite a few years, Kahr dominated small single stack 9mm pistols. I bought a black diamond PM9, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Anybody think Kahr will respond to the Hellcat & P365?

Member #
    Liked
    23860 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldjarhead View Post
    Hard to say. For quite a few years, Kahr dominated small single stack 9mm pistols. I bought a black diamond PM9, with night sights, in 2011. The PM9 was a big hit, a year or two later, the less expensive CM9 made a big splash. Kahr was doing very well, with these pocket pistols. However, in the last few years, or so some very good gun manufacturers, have upped the game. Sig Sauer P365, with a ten round capacity. Springfield Hellcat, eleven round capacity and still very compact. Kahr did bring out the PM9 Covert, with slightly more capacity, but not a game changer. I don't think Kahr can make a pistol small as a PM9 with a ten round capacity. Maybe in a K9 or P9 size. THAT I would like to see. To me, magazine capacity is overblown. The average gunfight is at three yards, in three seconds, with three rounds fired, so I will stick with my PM9, and carry a spare magazine. Sure, bigger capacity is better, but in my opinion, should not necessarily a game changer, at least for me. I hate to say it, because I love Kahrs, but I think they are losing a lot of sales, because they NEED to answer their competitors, if anything for Kahr customers, to keep as Kahr customers.
    I’ll agree there about capacity not being the most important factor in a carry gun if you are..... #1 not going somewhere (dangerous) you really shouldn’t be...#2 if you have a reliable weapon loaded with high quality self defense ammo... and lastly if you are competent with the weapon you carry..... of course ymmv !
    BillACP and ShinerJohn like this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Hoping for Kahr to respond to double stacks is like hoping Glock will respond to the AR. It's just not going to happen. Different companies have their specialties, it's what they know, and it's what they stake their reputation on.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BillACP View Post
    Though nice for range practice, the capacity of a single stack is, in almost all cases, more than sufficient for street self defense duty as a civilian...
    +1

;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2