Anybody think Kahr will respond to the Hellcat & P365?

This is a discussion on Anybody think Kahr will respond to the Hellcat & P365? within the Kahr 9MM forums, part of the Kahr Pistol Forum category; I currently have a CM40 and CW380, which are both great guns, and have been considering the addition of a CM9, but the Hellcat & ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Anybody think Kahr will respond to the Hellcat & P365?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I currently have a CM40 and CW380, which are both great guns, and have been considering the addition of a CM9, but the Hellcat & P365 have caught my attention due to the 10+ magazine capacity in a grip length similar to the CM9.

I know that Kahr has historically been a single stack gun, but I feel that a CM9 sized gun with the 1.5 stack design that the Hellcat & P365 are using would be a hot seller for Kahr.

Thoughts
    Last edited by Kirk; 04-16-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    ron54 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    24057 times
    I too would like to see a compact double stack Kahr ........ I missed the boat a couple of years ago when I should have bought a Para Ordnance wart hog compact 45, with an 11 round capacity ...... it was a stainless model that was brand new and I passed on it ..... I still kick myself in the a$$ about it !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    BillACP and spentcase like this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

Member #
    Liked
    9112 times
    Though nice for range practice, the capacity of a single stack is, in almost all cases, more than sufficient for street self defense duty as a civilian...

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1091 times
    Looks like they're still selling them Ron https://www.para-usa.com/firearms/expert/warthog.html

Well shoot Bill, I guess the FNX45 I just ordered will be more than I need. That's ok, better too much than not enough, right?

Kirk, I'd really like to see Kahr produce a double stack .45. Or at the very least a K45. I cannot understand why they haven't done the latter. Don't know if they'll ever do either of them, but it's fun to think about isn't it?
    ron54 and BillACP like this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

Member #
    Liked
    9112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spentcase View Post

Well shoot Bill, I guess the FNX45 I just ordered will be more than I need. That's ok, better too much than not enough, right?
    Yep, more than you need in rnd capacity & one you'll enjoy! :~)
    ron54 and spentcase like this.

Member #
    Liked
    24057 times
    [QUOTE=spentcase;200922]Looks like they're still selling them Ron https://www.para-usa.com/firearms/expert/warthog.html

you know I saw that too ...... I know Remington bought para out a while ago...... and are now located in Alabama, in their facility..... I just don’t think they are producing the para line of guns though....... I’ll have to look into it !

Member #
    Liked
    1091 times
    That site doesn't say much about availability. And no pictures of stainless models. Would be nice though and probably as close to a Kahr sized steel framed .45 that is available.
    ron54 likes this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

Member #
    Liked
    24057 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spentcase View Post
    That site doesn't say much about availability. And no pictures of stainless models. Would be nice though and probably as close to a Kahr sized steel framed .45 that is available.
    Yeah ....... I don’t know why they would have bought para just to shut them down ?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a Sig365 but my PM9 ends up in my pocket more often then I thought it would .....lighter than 365 and extra single stack mag weighs nothing..........
    rotorhead1026 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Hard to say. For quite a few years, Kahr dominated small single stack 9mm pistols. I bought a black diamond PM9, with night sights, in 2011. The PM9 was a big hit, a year or two later, the less expensive CM9 made a big splash. Kahr was doing very well, with these pocket pistols. However, in the last few years, or so some very good gun manufacturers, have upped the game. Sig Sauer P365, with a ten round capacity. Springfield Hellcat, eleven round capacity and still very compact. Kahr did bring out the PM9 Covert, with slightly more capacity, but not a game changer. I don't think Kahr can make a pistol small as a PM9 with a ten round capacity. Maybe in a K9 or P9 size. THAT I would like to see. To me, magazine capacity is overblown. The average gunfight is at three yards, in three seconds, with three rounds fired, so I will stick with my PM9, and carry a spare magazine. Sure, bigger capacity is better, but in my opinion, should not necessarily a game changer, at least for me. I hate to say it, because I love Kahrs, but I think they are losing a lot of sales, because they NEED to answer their competitors, if anything for Kahr customers, to keep as Kahr customers.
    BillACP, spentcase and ron54 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast