Kahr Floorplate Wars - Page 3

Kahr Floorplate Wars

This is a discussion on Kahr Floorplate Wars within the Kahr 9MM forums, part of the Kahr Pistol Forum category; Originally Posted by Kahr54 That's pretty cool Smokemup! I did something similar, check post #30 on the link below. Metal Magazine Followers For 9mm Kahrs!! ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Kahr Floorplate Wars

Member #
    Liked
    11398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahr54 View Post
    That's pretty cool Smokemup! I did something similar, check post #30 on the link below.

Metal Magazine Followers For 9mm Kahrs!! - Page 3
    It does look good!
    "Do as I say, Not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Enjoy the Day and Stay Safe"

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Toney View Post
    I had a little trouble with my metal bottom sliding off to easy. I had crimped it down some and was testing the fit pushing on it with my thumb.

Took two days to find my lock plate...

I used a pf9 bottom set until I found mine.
    Ha! I've had several parts that have flown to no telling where.

Ok, people, I'm heading to the range tomorrow, even if it is a weekend. I'm going to abuse this magazine just to see if I can get it to fail to lock up, or drop out using tricks the RSO's probably wouldn't want to see. I'm thinking it will stay in place, but you never know, right. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Smokemup; 07-10-2015 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Insert a video...
    lefty60 and Toney like this.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, and not yelling and screaming like the passenger's in his car.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Back from testing the SmokemPlate magazine today. 50 rounds of PMC Bronze FMJ (9A) and 50 rounds of PMC Bronze HP (9B). This danged Kahr PM9193 just refuses to have any failures! And no problems with the custom magazine floor plate (base plate?). I remain impressed. No, not with this magazine test, but with the accuracy of this tiny gun. As for the magazine, it locked up solidly every time, and no feed issues. I threw some Federal Tactical HST downrange as well, but only 7 rounds just to cycle my carry ammo. Love that stuff.

In summary, this custom magazine is pretty nice, but not a deal breaker from owning a PM9 or any variant. My CM9 was every bit as reliable. I may contact some aftermarket folks, like Pearce, to see if they might be interested in producing a base plate for the Kahr. They could even allow a bit more 'tolerance' just for manufacturing variances and it will still look 100% better than what the Kahr geniuses have offered.

I took my other "failure free" gun (XDS-45) to the range today only to be subjected to 6 failures in 75 rounds. Crap! Each problem the exact same with failure to feed. PMC Bronze 230gr FMJ. I was upset at myself for not bringing some HST to the range, but it was a last minute decision to take the 45.

All in all a good day and much better than my morning of pushing a mower in this incredible east coast heat wave.

Kahr Floorplate Wars-img_20150711_154724_523.jpg
    Last edited by Smokemup; 07-11-2015 at 04:34 PM.
    Toney, ron54, lefty60 and 1 others like this.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, and not yelling and screaming like the passenger's in his car.

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23261 times
    Sweet............

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    I celebrated today's day with a fancy bottle of cheap red wine. But crap, this type of thing happens all too often... Help me, people, help!

Kahr Floorplate Wars-img_20150709_183228_359.jpg
    Toney, ron54 and lefty60 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    23261 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokemup View Post
    I celebrated today's day with a fancy bottle of cheap red wine. But crap, this type of thing happens all too often... Help me, people, help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150709_183228_359.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	2990
    Well...........you know my kind of help ( when it comes to this kind of thing ).........I reccommend you stay the course........and carry on........time for a refill...........more wine please...!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    23261 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokemup View Post
    Back from testing the SmokemPlate magazine today. 50 rounds of PMC Bronze FMJ (9A) and 50 rounds of PMC Bronze HP (9B). This danged Kahr PM9193 just refuses to have any failures! And no problems with the custom magazine floor plate (base plate?). I remain impressed. No, not with this magazine test, but with the accuracy of this tiny gun. As for the magazine, it locked up solidly every time, and no feed issues. I threw some Federal Tactical HST downrange as well, but only 7 rounds just to cycle my carry ammo. Love that stuff.

In summary, this custom magazine is pretty nice, but not a deal breaker from owning a PM9 or any variant. My CM9 was every bit as reliable. I may contact some aftermarket folks, like Pearce, to see if they might be interested in producing a base plate for the Kahr. They could even allow a bit more 'tolerance' just for manufacturing variances and it will still look 100% better than what the Kahr geniuses have offered.

I took my other "failure free" gun (XDS-45) to the range today only to be subjected to 6 failures in 75 rounds. Crap! Each problem the exact same with failure to feed. PMC Bronze 230gr FMJ. I was upset at myself for not bringing some HST to the range, but it was a last minute decision to take the 45.

All in all a good day and much better than my morning of pushing a mower in this incredible east coast heat wave.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150711_154724_523.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	2989
    Sounds great...........you may have found the holy grail of kahr base plates.......?

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Sounds great...........you may have found the holy grail of kahr base plates.......?
    Yep - looks great works fine. Was is over, you won.
    lefty60 and ron54 like this.
    "Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    I'm Sorry I'm late to the party. Looks good. As an alternative to the DB's, you might want to consider the Pearce magazine extensions. I take those and shave about half the extension away, and they look and feel good.
    lefty60 and ron54 like this.
    USN ~ Retired

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
    I'm Sorry I'm late to the party. Looks good. As an alternative to the DB's, you might want to consider the Pearce magazine extensions. I take those and shave about half the extension away, and they look and feel good.
    With the scarcity of DB9 magazines, you're probably right. There's bound to be other baseplates out there as well. I shot the 9193 again today and once again, zero issues. Magazine is fine. Gun remains at 100% and eerily accurate. It's not fair to other manufacturers!

lefty60 likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast