Kahr Floorplate Wars - Page 6

Kahr Floorplate Wars

This is a discussion on Kahr Floorplate Wars within the Kahr 9MM forums, part of the Kahr Pistol Forum category; Originally Posted by alfonse I have also made a few that are the size of a small grip extension that allow an extra round in ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Kahr Floorplate Wars

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonse View Post
    I have also made a few that are the size of a small grip extension that allow an extra round in what was a 6 round magazine. It is much less length than the Kahr 7 round magazine.
    Hey, Alfonse. Where can I find those? All I could fins was your "magazine sleeves" to fit the factory 7 and 8 rounder mags in CM9/PM9/MK9. But I could not find the exact product that you mention...

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyT View Post
    Hey, Alfonse. Where can I find those? All I could fins was your "magazine sleeves" to fit the factory 7 and 8 rounder mags in CM9/PM9/MK9. But I could not find the exact product that you mention...
    You will be able to find them on my website. My machine shop missed their ship dates and I am trying to find out when they will be delivered to me, so I can get them out to everyone. Right now, I don't know.
    lefty60 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonse View Post
    You will be able to find them on my website. My machine shop missed their ship dates and I am trying to find out when they will be delivered to me, so I can get them out to everyone. Right now, I don't know.
    Status? What's your website?

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, and not yelling and screaming like the passenger's in his car.

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    This is Al's website: https://lakelinellc.com

He sells on eBay also, and his extensions look very good on the gun.

I recently purchased some followers and extensions from him for my CM9. I hadn't shot my CM9 at that point and wanted his hardened aluminum followers to prevent any breakage to the factory followers that some of the CM9's seem to prone to doing. He makes good stuff, but in some of my older mags I was not able to get the extra round in when using one of his followers and extensions combined. He advised me to chamfer the inside edge of the follower a bit more aggessively or try a newer mag. I opted for the latter because I wanted some extra mags anyway, and that did the trick. Something different between the way in which the new and old spring windings are finished. His stuff is pricey but very well made.

I finally took my unfired CM9 to the range along with a new P380 that I purchased and the CM ran flawlessly. I even ran a mag equipped with a factory follower through it a couple of times since I now have extra followers following my purchase from him, and there was no breakage. Yet.
    I had "prepped" my CM9 by racking the slide by hand close to 1000 times over the long wait before I got it out to the range so that may have helped with the break in at the range. My new P380 had two FTE and two FTF's in the first couple of mags and then ran flawlessly after that.

I should note that on the older mags I use in my PM9 and MK9 I had no issue in getting the extra round in when using one of his extensions, because I didn't install one of his followers on those mags. So in those 6rd mags I can now load 7rds with no issues.
    lefty60, ron54, Toney and 1 others like this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

Member #
    Liked
    11398 times
    Excellent report!

Thank you
    ron54 likes this.
    "Do as I say, Not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Enjoy the Day and Stay Safe"

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    You're Welcome!
    lefty60 and Leftyis70 like this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Do you share your pattern for the PM9 floor plates. I have a 3D printer and would love to make a couple. I understand if you don't, I will design one but no point in reinventing the wheel if folks already have patterns.
    Leftyis70 likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6