Blackhawk Detachable

Blackhawk Detachable

This is a discussion on Blackhawk Detachable within the Kahr Holsters forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; Like most everyone who's been carrying for more than a short time I've gone through a LOT of holsters. I have a couple of large ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By spentcase
  • 2 Post By spentcase

Thread: Blackhawk Detachable

Member #
    Liked
    1035 times

Blackhawk Detachable

Like most everyone who's been carrying for more than a short time I've gone through a LOT of holsters. I have a couple of large bags of them.

Recently I came across these Blackhawk holsters and now have two of them. The one for the Kahrs is actually for the P9/K9/CW9/P40/CW40/K40, but because the width of the slide and overall dimensions of those guns are the same as the MK9/PM9 in the areas that matter, except for the longer length the holster works very well on the smaller Kahrs as well. In fact it provides about a half inch extra protection for the muzzle and other than that the fit is perfect. They pull the gun in tight and it rides high with a slight cant.

The thing I like about them is the easy on and easy off with the snaps. I've pretty much shied away from outside the belt carry for a long time and I've never before owned a pancake holster but I'm finding I like OWB more and more for the comfort. It doesn't work as well when driving the car because of the seatbelt but overall it's more comfortable than IWB, even with an N82 Tactical which are the most comfortable holsters I have for deep concealment. With an appropriate cover shirt, such as a Cabela's chamois and/or a jacket, OWB belt carry is easy to pull off with our Kahrs. And this holster is very comfortable with it's wide distribution of the weight, and after softening up the loops by bending and rolling them. For the PM 9 it's like it's not even there. They are also very nicely made of quality material and workmanship. I'm liking them a LOT!

The part number for this one is 420123BK-R but I've also seen it as 420122-SH. I can't confirm the latter number is correct, but they both seem to have the same UPC of 648018139789. The two-digit model code for the Kahr holster is "Size 23".

I think they've been discontinued by Blackhawk but there are still some around on eBay and Amazon. I paid only $35 for one for a different brand of gun, and $66 for the one for the Kahr. I've seen prices in between those two amounts, and in some cases even higher. I have no doubt that these will last me for years and years, they're that nice.

Blackhawk Detachable-blackhawk420123bk-r.jpg
    lefty60 and Toney like this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1035 times
    The weather is getting colder. I wore this holster in the house for a day and I have to say it is extremely comfortable. I usually wear chamois shirts with a jacket over it during the winter. Wearing this holster under the shirt, untucked, will work very well. And the ability to put it on and take the holster off without removing my belt is great. The older I get the less appealing IWB is to me. I think this will be a good option during the colder months.
    lefty60 and ron54 like this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member