Found a new favorite holster, JM4Tactical

This is a discussion on Found a new favorite holster, JM4Tactical within the Kahr Holsters forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; Check out jm4tactical.com for some clever holsters that are of high quality, comfortable, affordable, and surprisingly adaptable to many guns, carry methods, and ways to ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By spentcase
  • 2 Post By spentcase
  • 1 Post By ron54
  • 2 Post By spentcase
  • 1 Post By spentcase

Thread: Found a new favorite holster, JM4Tactical

Member #
    Liked
    1035 times

Check out jm4tactical.com for some clever holsters that are of high quality, comfortable, affordable, and surprisingly adaptable to many guns, carry methods, and ways to mount them. Every once in awhile someone comes up with a clever rework of holstering. This is one such case. They can be used IWB, OWB, bedside, car mounted, and can even be hung on the stall door when you're forced to use a public sit down.

I don't have any affiliation with these folks but I've got four of them now (all QCC in different sizes), and they are worth the investment.
    Toney, lefty60 and ron54 like this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11399 times
    That is some nice looking stuff!
    "Do as I say, Not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Enjoy the Day and Stay Safe"

Member #
    Liked
    1035 times
    It's Herman Oak and when it comes it's stiff. But after about 15 minutes of working it it feels like a baseball glove that's been broken in. It is nice stuff. They have a ton of videos on youtube if you're interested in learning more.

I've got 3 large bags of holsters from nearly 40 years of collecting them. In that time we learn a few things about what makes for a good holster, and it's not entirely subjective. The magnets they use are STRONG. If you pull them apart and then place each on your fridge, or a metal surface of any kind the holster is not going anywhere until you peel it off. What I like about their system is that instead of clips which I have a tendency to use to scratch and gouge things with, the magnets are completely wrapped in leather. No scratching, gouging, or marring.

Also because the magnet sewn into the holster body is what provides the retention one holster can work with multiple guns. They do offer different sizes and shapes, as well as a fitment chart. The P380 with Crimson Trace fits well in the medium, the PM9 also with Crimson Trace fits in the large. Without lasers the p380 would fit in a small, the PM9 in the medium. If anyone needs to know about different applications you can ask and I may be able to provide some info, as I said I've bought 4 different sizes now. I'll also let you know which works for the P40 both with and without a laser, after I have both on hand.

The original QCC models do tend to ride very low. So if you like a higher ride to allow for a quick combat grip you might want to check out the high ride model. I don't have any of these.
    lefty60 and ron54 like this.
    sc

--

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23598 times
    Good post.....thanks for the info.....
    lefty60 likes this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1035 times
    You're very welcome Ron
    lefty60 and ron54 like this.
    sc

--

Member #
    Liked
    1035 times
    I've had one of these on my hip now for day-long outings. I really do prefer them over the N82Tactical holsters. They're not quite as comfortable but not off the mark by much. And they seem to stay in place better for some reason. Also the convenience of being able to take the holster off and put it back on with ease can't be overstated, it's a great system. Reholstering is most easily (and safely) done by removing the holster but it goes right back into the waistband so easily and quickly unlike many others, including the N82's which because of the suede backing tends to grab at whatever material is behind it, while the JM4's just slide right on by. Yet they stay put once those magnets come together.
    If I was to rate the two and I gave the N82's a 9.5 the JM4's would be a 9.8. Still looking for that perfect 10.0 of course.
    lefty60 likes this.
    sc

--