Another deep concealment option

This is a discussion on Another deep concealment option within the Kahr Holsters forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; I recently picked up a couple of SmartCarry holsters. One for my wife to use for her PM9 and P380, and one for me for ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By spentcase
  • 2 Post By ron54
  • 2 Post By spentcase

Thread: Another deep concealment option

Member #
    Liked
    1035 times

I recently picked up a couple of SmartCarry holsters. One for my wife to use for her PM9 and P380, and one for me for my P40 and MK40. Each is sized for the larger of the two guns they were bought for. You can wad up a little bit of anything to put in the bottom when carrying the smaller gun in it.
    My wife is slim and trim and is not petite but far from being a large woman. She is able to carry her PM9 in this holster and it disappears on her. She's kept it on all day while doing housework and putting about the house and says she forgets it is there.
    I'm not slim and trim but am not exactly fat either. I do have a bit of a middleage paunch on me and I go about 225lb. I've worn mine with my MK40 all day and feel the same way, it's a comfortable carry, and barely noticeable by me, while disappearing completely. I am even able to stand at a urinal and move it aside without having to do anything other than unzip.
    They are a bit pricey at about $65 but they are extremely well made and will last for years. They sew all the seams folded in so that there is nothing to catch on the gun while drawing or holstering. I'm not confident enough with them yet to re-holster a loaded Kahr but if I had an exposed hammer gun I can see where it would be easily doable. Time will tell on the Kahr, but then in 35+ years of carrying I've never had to draw a gun so it's unlikely I'll need to reholster it anyway.
    These were invented and developed by a former US Marine. His daughter and her husband now run the business. They're good folks and very easy to talk to and deal with. You can see the founder on youtube if you search for smartcarry, and their website is smartcarry.com. I have no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer. There are knockoffs out there, and you can see comparisons between them and the original on youtube as well. I do believe I'm going to find this holster very nice to have when Summer comes and the heat returns. It will be nice to be able to carry a P40 or MK in an undetectable fashion without having to rely on a cover shirt or taking up a front pocket.
    lefty60 and ron54 like this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23598 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spentcase View Post
    I recently picked up a couple of SmartCarry holsters. One for my wife to use for her PM9 and P380, and one for me for my P40 and MK40. Each is sized for the larger of the two guns they were bought for. You can wad up a little bit of anything to put in the bottom when carrying the smaller gun in it.
    My wife is slim and trim and is not petite but far from being a large woman. She is able to carry her PM9 in this holster and it disappears on her. She's kept it on all day while doing housework and putting about the house and says she forgets it is there.
    I'm not slim and trim but am not exactly fat either. I do have a bit of a middleage paunch on me and I go about 225lb. I've worn mine with my MK40 all day and feel the same way, it's a comfortable carry, and barely noticeable by me, while disappearing completely. I am even able to stand at a urinal and move it aside without having to do anything other than unzip.
    They are a bit pricey at about $65 but they are extremely well made and will last for years. They sew all the seams folded in so that there is nothing to catch on the gun while drawing or holstering. I'm not confident enough with them yet to re-holster a loaded Kahr but if I had an exposed hammer gun I can see where it would be easily doable. Time will tell on the Kahr, but then in 35+ years of carrying I've never had to draw a gun so it's unlikely I'll need to reholster it anyway.
    These were invented and developed by a former US Marine. His daughter and her husband now run the business. They're good folks and very easy to talk to and deal with. You can see the founder on youtube if you search for smartcarry, and their website is smartcarry.com. I have no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer. There are knockoffs out there, and you can see comparisons between them and the original on youtube as well. I do believe I'm going to find this holster very nice to have when Summer comes and the heat returns. It will be nice to be able to carry a P40 or MK in an undetectable fashion without having to rely on a cover shirt or taking up a front pocket.
    Here’s a YouTube showing the holster........
    https://youtu.be/68i0R50m01w
    spentcase and lefty60 like this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1035 times
    Something else I forgot to mention is that because the weight is spread across both hips even my MK40 feels weightless. For those who feel the need for a bug, having one in this holster frees up your belt for iwb or owb of another and perhaps a larger gun. I've never carried two but I know that a lot of folks do.
    lefty60 and ron54 like this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member