Kahr Handgun Forum banner

P380 Availabiity?

8K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  dtsoll 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and new to Kahr Arms. I recently (early December) purchased a new Kahr P380 from an internet auction/sales site after contacting many arms dealers within a couple hours drive of home and not finding any. My local gun dealer is still looking for one for me but has not yet been able to get one and after waiting for more then a month on him I started looking elsewhere. The last dealer I contacted ended up telling me he didn't think Kahr was making the P380 anymore as he could only order the CW380. So my question is has Kahr discontinued the P380 in favor of the CW?

I haven't taken my Kahr to the range yet as the weather hasn't been the best. But I have cleaned it and have been checking out this forum quite a bit. There is a lot of good information on here about Kahr's and firearms/shooting in general.

#3 ·
Welcome to the board Teddy.

They are most definitely still being made, and available. But as Higgy said, or intimated, the price of Kahrs prevents many stores from stocking them and many distributors from having a business relationship with Kahr. Be that as it may they are exceptional little guns and worth the time and effort to locate one. And also the price to buy one.
As will all Kahrs it is a good idea to cycle the gun a couple of hundred times before taking it to the range. The .380's and Kahr's shorter 9mm, 40, and 45 guns are so small that they require stiff springs in order to cycle rounds in such a small amount of space. Once broken in you can expect a long, dependable life from a Kahr, especially from their premium line, though even their value lines perform well so long as there are no underlying issues that need to be resolved.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies, maybe my local dealers just don't want to deal with Kahr. The closest which is Gander Outdoors and also the dealer I waited for a month to get one, said they have 1 buyer that does the purchasing for the whole chain and that they thought that was what was taking so long. They're actually the closest to me and are also the dealer I did the FFL transfer through to get my P380. The last dealer I tried to purchase through actually is a Kahr dealer and displays many different Kahr's, but no P380s and when I asked about ordering one through them they are the ones who said when they checked that it looked like Kahr didn't produce the P380 model anymore.

Oh well, I've got my P380 now so it doesn't really matter to me, other than wondering if the Kahr P380 had actually stopped being produced. I'm just hoping to get better weather and the time to take it out to the range.

#9 ·
Finally took delivery of my new Kahr P380! I installed the the Crimson Trace laser which was actually very easy. Bought the Uncle George wallet holster as well. I disassembled it, cleaned and lubed it in preparation for a trip to the range later this week. I racked the slide several times and it has been sitting with the slide locked back since its reassembly. I noticed just in the short time the slide has been locked back it has already improved the mobility of the slide. Thanks for the tip! Oh...I also cycled some dummy rounds through it several times as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.