polycase ammo? Lehigh defense

This is a discussion on polycase ammo? Lehigh defense within the Kahr P380 forums, part of the Kahr Pistol Forum category; I'm very impressed with the impact effectiveness of the above rounds and have had no feeding problems with them. (Polycase used to be marketed by ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By KahrP380guy
  • 2 Post By Leftyis70
  • 1 Post By KahrP380guy

Thread: polycase ammo? Lehigh defense

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

I'm very impressed with the impact effectiveness of the above rounds and have had no feeding problems with them. (Polycase used to be marketed by Ruger, but now I think there was a licensing issue and they only come through Inceptor. The only Lehigh bullets I've used come on Underwood Ammo rounds, but they apparently also come with Honey Badger (name?)). Problem with polycase, though. To unload the P380, I drop the mag and then try to eject the round in the chamber. It's really tough. It won't just pop out. I can't get the slide to lock back, so I have to hold it back with one hand (rather tricky to do) and poke the round out through the magazine well. Does an empty magazine have to be installed before the slide will lock back? Any thoughts?
    Leftyis70 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KahrP380guy View Post
    I'm very impressed with the impact effectiveness of the above rounds and have had no feeding problems with them. (Polycase used to be marketed by Ruger, but now I think there was a licensing issue and they only come through Inceptor. The only Lehigh bullets I've used come on Underwood Ammo rounds, but they apparently also come with Honey Badger (name?)). Problem with polycase, though. To unload the P380, I drop the mag and then try to eject the round in the chamber. It's really tough. It won't just pop out. I can't get the slide to lock back, so I have to hold it back with one hand (rather tricky to do) and poke the round out through the magazine well. Does an empty magazine have to be installed before the slide will lock back? Any thoughts?
    Yes! Anything, in particular, that requires fiddle/diddle/balance acts with a loaded or partially loaded pistol is a NO GO KIND OF OPERATION which is asking for something/someone to be shot that was not intended!!
    ron54 and BillACP like this.
    Do what you want, 'cause you will anyway

Formerly known as Lefty60

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Problem solved. The round with polycase bullets (round by Ruger or Inceptor) weren't being ejected very easily when unloading. But I really love their ballistic performance. I found that the rounds with Lehigh bullets (by Underwood or Honey Badger) did not have such ejection problems. The Lehigh bullets perform as well or better. So, to have the P380 loaded, but easy to unload, I can just make sure the round on top of the magazine is Lehigh, such that it's the one that gets chambered.
    Leftyis70 likes this.