Just received my new P380 yesterday!

This is a discussion on Just received my new P380 yesterday! within the Kahr P380 forums, part of the Kahr Pistol Forum category; Hello all! The P380 joins the family members an MK9, LCPII, Beretta Tomcat 32, Glock 42 and Sig P365. I wanted a small better quality ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By rocks
  • 1 Post By Higgy Baby
  • 2 Post By rocks
  • 1 Post By ron54
  • 2 Post By BillACP
  • 2 Post By spentcase

Thread: Just received my new P380 yesterday!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Hello all!

The P380 joins the family members an MK9, LCPII, Beretta Tomcat 32, Glock 42 and Sig P365.
    I wanted a small better quality 380 vs the LCPII.

I do have a question. I bought a stainless steel recoil spring guide rod. It seems to be a bit taller and maybe a tiny bit wider. Hard to tell if wider with the stock one black and the SS one silver. I'm told by the selling company, the gun I received is an old model. The newer P380s have a bit longer guide rod. True?
    ron54 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11659 times
    Welcome to the club rocks....congrats on your new p380.....

?...I have no idea on guide rods. Maybe one of the other regulars might can answer that.

How about that P365?......do you like that gun? Been thinking about getting a new carry gun- was looking at the Glock 43/x and the 3Sig 365 and XL. After I handled all of them this week- I dropped the Glocks, and now am homed in on the 365. Probably get it some time next week.
    ron54 likes this.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgy Baby View Post
    Welcome to the club rocks....congrats on your new p380.....

?...I have no idea on guide rods. Maybe one of the other regulars might can answer that.

How about that P365?......do you like that gun? Been thinking about getting a new carry gun- was looking at the Glock 43/x and the 3Sig 365 and XL. After I handled all of them this week- I dropped the Glocks, and now am homed in on the 365. Probably get it some time next week.
    Thanks.

The P365 is great. Wonderful to shoot, accurate, great trigger, small size for even pocket carry. Buy it!
    Higgy Baby and ron54 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23860 times
    Welcome rocks....... nice gun, and I would give Kahr a call and ask them
    BillACP likes this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

Member #
    I picked up a new P380 last week on Gunbroker with serial number RExxxx not sure of year of manufacturer of mine but I'm wondering about the same question. I'm thinking about picking up a SS Guide rod but not sure if I have an old or new model with that serial number or if it even makes any difference. For what it's worth after viewing many YouTube articles slamming the P380 I'm wondering if I'm one of the lucky ones as so far after 200 rounds of Blaser 95 fmj through it I've had no issues. Slide locks back when mag is empty and no FTF. Can someone tell me if this is a newer model with all the issues fixed in recent years?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dutch101 View Post
    I picked up a new P380 last week on Gunbroker with serial number RExxxx not sure of year of manufacturer of mine but I'm wondering about the same question. I'm thinking about picking up a SS Guide rod but not sure if I have an old or new model with that serial number or if it even makes any difference. For what it's worth after viewing many YouTube articles slamming the P380 I'm wondering if I'm one of the lucky ones as so far after 200 rounds of Blaser 95 fmj through it I've had no issues. Slide locks back when mag is empty and no FTF. Can someone tell me if this is a newer model with all the issues fixed in recent years?
    I had bought an new RDxxxx which was said to be a 2014 build. I sent it back to the gun shop seller. A few days ago, I bought a new P380 on Gunbroker too.
    A nice RE0xxx with night sights. I'm told on the other Kahr forum it's a January 2020 build so we're fine.

Member #
    Thanks good to know my new P380 is in fact new. My P380 2 weeks ago was $299.99 on Gunbroker which seemed to be a very low price so I wasn't sure what to expect...……..especially after viewing the YouTube P380 issues. I"m just happy he it fires every time without failures of any kind with the Blaser ammo. Just got in today's mail 2 boxes of Precision One 90 grain HP/XTP so going to run that through the P380 next to see how it does. It may end up the little guy for EDC.

Member #
    Liked
    8949 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dutch101 View Post
    Thanks good to know my new P380 is in fact new. My P380 2 weeks ago was $299.99 on Gunbroker which seemed to be a very low price so I wasn't sure what to expect...……..especially after viewing the YouTube P380 issues. I"m just happy he it fires every time without failures of any kind with the Blaser ammo. Just got in today's mail 2 boxes of Precision One 90 grain HP/XTP so going to run that through the P380 next to see how it does. It may end up the little guy for EDC.
    Dry cycle the slide a few hundred times before you go to the range to bed in components if you haven't so already...
    spentcase and ron54 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1079 times
    To add to what Bill said, lock the slide back for the night before you take it to the range also. Loading the mags and leaving them sit for the same amount of time is also a good idea.
    BillACP and ron54 like this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member