CM9 Range Report - Page 2

CM9 Range Report

This is a discussion on CM9 Range Report within the Kahr Range Reports forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; Thanks. That’s what I will have to do....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: CM9 Range Report

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Thanks. That’s what I will have to do.
    Leftyis70 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8466 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzccp View Post
    Thanks. That’s what I will have to do.
    You may not even need the blister sports tape next time in that your grip may have tired & changed slightly higher for more control towards the end of the long firing session with that many rounds...
    Leftyis70 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    That makes sense. At this point the knuckle at the base of my thumb is sore and and the skin is still healing from the blister. I’m planning on going back to the range on Tuesday to shoot another 100-200 rounds so I think I’ll need some cushioning on that spot.
    Leftyis70, BillACP and ron54 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    Hogue Handall grips are the best I've found for my P40. I don't know if they make one specifically for the CM/PM but if they do you'd never have that trouble again. The Handalls are especially hard to get on but once one they don't move.

My PM40 was finicky about staying open on an empty mag, especially with one particular mag as often as not. And I break mine in by racking the slides 500-700 times before hitting the range. It's my only Kahr that behaved that way. I've since traded it off, though not for that reason.

edit: I did some looking around and I don't think that they make the Handall for the CM/PM Kahrs. But they do make one for the Glock 42 and 43. You might try to find out how those frames and grips compare to your Kahr. And you could trim some off the bottom of one made for the P9/K9/CW9. If you're careful doing it, it would look like it was made for the gun.
    Leftyis70 and ron54 like this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    I contacted Hogue and you are correct that they don’t make a beaver tail grip for the CM9. I found one for the Sig 365 for $11 and free shipping so I ordered it to see if it would fit. I will provide an update after I receive it.
    ron54 and Leftyis70 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    23254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzccp View Post
    I contacted Hogue and you are correct that they don’t make a beaver tail grip for the CM9. I found one for the Sig 365 for $11 and free shipping so I ordered it to see if it would fit. I will provide an update after I receive it.
    I’ve put the handalls on several of my guns that were actually made for other manufacturers guns....... the best way to do it is to go to a store that stocks a variety of them, and try them on till you find one that works for you...... and as already suggested you can trim it to get a more custom fit as necessary !
    Leftyis70 and BillACP like this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Today I received the Hogue beaver tail grip made for the Sig 365. It fits nicely on the CM9. Tomorrow I’m going to the range to shoot another 100+ rounds using 124 grain NATO ammo and I will post an update with the results.

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    Good to hear. When they're made for the gun they take some doing to get on, or off. I guess it keeps them from moving around. If yours turns out a little loose you could stick a bit of skateboard tape on the grips, under the Handall. I think you're going to like it!
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    It’s a tight fit and doesn’t appear that it will move around at all; however time will tell.
    Leftyis70, spentcase and ron54 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Today I went to the range and shot another 100 rounds through my new CM9. This time instead of Federal Champion 115 grain FMJ I used Winchester NATO 124 grain FMJ. I’m pleased to report that I had no failures at all. Last week when firing the first 200 rounds the slide failed to lock back 6 times. Today using the same 2 mags the slide locked back each time after firing the last round. Also, the Hogue beaver tail grip that was made for the Sig 365 also helped to cushion the recoil. So far this CM9 is proving to be reliable for EDC. I appreciate all of the recommendations from those who have posted to this thread. Thanks to all.
    ron54, BillACP, spentcase and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2