PM9 range report... - Page 2

PM9 range report...

This is a discussion on PM9 range report... within the Kahr Range Reports forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; Originally Posted by ron54 I agree .... but it appears that you push down on the safety to engage it and upwards to disengage...... which ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: PM9 range report...

Member #
    Liked
    9046 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    I agree .... but it appears that you push down on the safety to engage it and upwards to disengage...... which is the opposite of a 1911 safety..... that would mess up an old timer (like me) used to shooting a 1911 ?
    Yep... & the MA compliant didn't stay on the market long it appears...I would definitely get myself hurt with that setup!
    ron54 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23987 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BillACP View Post
    Yep... & the MA compliant didn't stay on the market long it appears...I would definitely get myself hurt with that setup!
    I mean yeah big time ........ now if you have really never Shot a 1911 then you would be fine with that safety and or you would have to really practice your azz off to be safe (competent) with it....even then for me when I do the grab and ready to go grip its automatic, and like you bill, I would definitely get hurt with that as well .....
    BillACP likes this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

Member #
    Liked
    23987 times
    I wonder why Kahr did the safety that way....... maybe due to the guns internal workings it was more feasible ?
    Even on my cheap azz beater Taurus Millennium G2, which has a safety .... it works same as a 1911 .... or I wouldn't have bought it ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9046 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    I wonder why Kahr did the safety that way....... maybe due to the guns internal workings it was more feasible ?
    Even on my cheap azz beater Taurus Millennium G2, which has a safety .... it works same as a 1911 .... or I wouldn't have bought it ?
    The nickel Mauser HSc (Interarms) I carried off-duty had a safety that was more of an end of thumb push forward to flip up as it was much further forward - very intuitive to use in this configuration...no side slide release (mag actuated). The location further back on the frame & angle of the Kahr version with more of an upward movement is what I couldn't easily adjust to in carrying 1911's...at least from a visual perspective.
    ron54 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1086 times
    I've become unable to understand much of what Kahr does (and doesn't do), these days. Though in this case it would not surprise me to learn that MA had input into how the mechanism functions.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

Member #
    Liked
    23987 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spentcase View Post
    I've become unable to understand much of what Kahr does (and doesn't do), these days. Though in this case it would not surprise me to learn that MA had input into how the mechanism functions.
    Who knows ....... I think they as are other gun makers moving to designs with features that would be appreciated or considered desirable by the casual gun purchasers in today’s market ?

Member #
    Liked
    1086 times
    I guess time will tell. Here's hoping that they come out with some really cool and innovative stuff again.
    ron54 likes this.
    sc

--

Washington State, 25 miles from Seattle in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Update....I haven't taken the PM9 to the range since my first posting. Today, I had some 9mm rounds I wanted to test with my M&P Shield 9 (V1.0) so I tossed the PM9 in the range bag and off I went. Same results, the PM9 was spot on at 50 feet, that is, a torso sized target would have been well ventilated by the PM9. What a sweet shooting gun. I have decided to bump it up a notch in the carry rotation. I tend to carry big bore guns in 40S&W, 45ACP and occasionally a snubby in 357 Mag (Rossi 461); however, after today's session, they will be set aside for the time being in favor of the PM9.

Everything I read and all videos I've seen on the Kahr guns are true. That DA trigger is super smooth, frankly, it feels to me no different than any striker fired trigger and not like a revolver type DA. Yes, it's a challenge to break down and reassemble. Not impossible but not all that easy either. The fit and finish of the gun is superb.

If anyone is following this thread wanting to learn something about the Kahr PM9 or other Kahr models, it is highly recommended. I will keep an eye open for another Kahr, possibly a K9. Stay tuned...
    ron54 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1086 times
    I'm surprised by your description of the trigger Scarpia. I've never thought of them to be like a striker fired gun's trigger, which typically have a short, light take up to the wall followed by a click. Whereas the Kahrs are long and smooth with no indication of when the trigger will break, unless you're very familiar with it and you can sort of anticipate it based solely on the length of the pull.
    BillACP and ron54 like this.
    sc

--

Washington State, 25 miles from Seattle in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spentcase View Post
    I'm surprised by your description of the trigger Scarpia. I've never thought of them to be like a striker fired gun's trigger, which typically have a short, light take up to the wall followed by a click. Whereas the Kahrs are long and smooth with no indication of when the trigger will break, unless you're very familiar with it and you can sort of anticipate it based solely on the length of the pull.
    I shoot at my outdoor range in two scenarios...one is to sit at the bench trying to sort out accuracy of my loads and shooting technique...slowly pull the trigger to the wall, gun fires, slowly let the trigger reset and fire again...check where the bullet impact was, readjust aim if necessary and repeat. The other is to stand and blast away at a target set on a berm 50+ feet down range. The idea there is to duplicate a more realistic self defense shooting scenario. In that case, trigger pull is rapid, I'm definitely not slowly pulling the trigger, feeling the wall, listening to and feeling the reset, all I want is the bullets to impact a torso sized target. The PM9's trigger doesn't feel any different than say, my M&P Shield 9 or Ruger SR9C triggers when I stand there and blast away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast