P9 15 years and still my primary carry

This is a discussion on P9 15 years and still my primary carry within the Kahr Talk forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; After 15 years of shooting and carrying. Nothing has been able to Trump it for me. "No pun intended" Dependable and have had no issues. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Delon
  • 1 Post By spentcase
  • 1 Post By ron54

Thread: P9 15 years and still my primary carry

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

After 15 years of shooting and carrying. Nothing has been able to Trump it for me. "No pun intended" Dependable and have had no issues. The only thing that caught my eye was the Sig 365 XL. But after holding it and getting a feel for it. Im still carrying my P9.

I guess when the time comes, Ill replace it with another P9. Maybe a black slide this time? It appears that Kahr is changing and offering a few things on the new P9s that I upgraded to over the years.

In the beginning I replaced the guide rod with a Hartz recoil reducer. Works very well. Then latter picked up compensated barrel. Between the barrel and the Hartz recoil reducer. It feels like shooting a 380 at best. Very controllable and fast second shot target acquisition.

More resent changes are from M-Carbo. They offer a SS striker guide and a trigger spring set. The spring set does what they say it would. I love the kahr trigger. At 3.5 lbs, it is nothing less than spectacular.
    My last upgrade was the Tru Glo TRX pro sites. The last two upgrades have improved my groups at the range.

This only to reinforce another 15 years of carrying my P9.

I hope to find someone who will make a flat trigger that is designed simular to the Sig 365XL trigger. That I would need to try. If I dont like it, I can always change it back.

Best Regards,
    Cory
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9 15 years and still my primary carry-20200325_234015_1585196290335.jpg   P9 15 years and still my primary carry-20200325_234118_1585196320129.jpg  
    spentcase and vmr357 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1079 times
    Nice to see someone take the time to report on an internet board of positive experience.
    Glad you like your Kahr, welcome to the board, and stay safe!
    BillACP likes this.
    sc

--
    Long time Kahr owner, newish member

Member #
    Liked
    23862 times
    Welcome ..... yes the triggers even factory stock are hard to beat as is the weapon ....... your upgrades made a very good weapon a truly great one ....congrats !
    BillACP likes this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's an encouraging report. I've had a PM9 for a while, but it felt a little small in my hand. When I found a good deal on a P9 I pick it up and really like the grip size. I always shot the PM9 quite well and am hoping for the same from the P9. I've put Talon grip tape on both of them, but that's all I've felt the need to do.