Kahr Customer Service. Hope They’re Quality

This is a discussion on Kahr Customer Service. Hope They’re Quality within the Kahr Talk forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; Took a brand new CW380 out to the range today. Couldn’t get 6 rounds through it. Factory ammunition. Would not feed, fire consistently, or extract. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KahrP380guy

Thread: Kahr Customer Service. Hope They’re Quality

Member #

Took a brand new CW380 out to the range today. Couldn’t get 6 rounds through it. Factory ammunition.
    Would not feed, fire consistently, or extract. Went home. Slide was EXTREMELY difficult to remove, bound up badly.
    Noticed the follower would not engage the slice catch lever to hold the slide back when empty. I just know this one is going back and I have little faith in this now as a defensive weapon. Hoping Kahr Customer Service is obliging. 🤞

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11994 times
    Sorry to hear of problems with your CW 380. Had to send in my CW 9 a few years back, but that got it right- and no issues since.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

380 size/weight compromise

Quote Originally Posted by Acmemfg View Post
    Took a brand new CW380 out to the range today. Couldn’t get 6 rounds through it. Factory ammunition.
    Would not feed, fire consistently, or extract. Went home. Slide was EXTREMELY difficult to remove, bound up badly.
    Noticed the follower would not engage the slice catch lever to hold the slide back when empty. I just know this one is going back and I have little faith in this now as a defensive weapon. Hoping Kahr Customer Service is obliging. 🤞
    I had a similar experience with my P380. They recommend a 200-rd "break-in." Seems like nonsense to me since other reputable brands have no such requirement. That said, there's also a trade-off for having such a small lightweight auto pistol. Bigger/heavier semi-autos are not very picky about how you hold them. For the Kahr 380s, though, you really need a firm grip to ensure proper cycling. Once I got through the break-in and shamefully recognized my "user error," it's super dependable.
    ron54 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    24209 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KahrP380guy View Post
    I had a similar experience with my P380. They recommend a 200-rd "break-in." Seems like nonsense to me since other reputable brands have no such requirement. That said, there's also a trade-off for having such a small lightweight auto pistol. Bigger/heavier semi-autos are not very picky about how you hold them. For the Kahr 380s, though, you really need a firm grip to ensure proper cycling. Once I got through the break-in and shamefully recognized my "user error," it's super dependable.
    Agreed !

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

Member #
    Liked
    9259 times
    A 200 round break-in is good advice for any semi auto pistol to allow friction surfaces to wear / work in to insure reliable function during heat induced firing cycles.

Member #
    Very familiar with the concept of "Limp Wrist". As a Rangemaster and Firearms Instructor for over 10 years before retiring, I discussed that issue with countless students and police recruits. I don't think that is the case here.
    200 round break in period surely is a good idea....sadly the diminished supply of ammunition may prove that to be a bit problematic.