New P9. Feed issues - Page 2

New P9. Feed issues

This is a discussion on New P9. Feed issues within the Kahr Technical forums, part of the Kahr Discussions category; Thanks for taking your time to reply. I have 4 other Kahrs that never failed even ONCE. (ok 3 are mine one is my wifes)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New P9. Feed issues

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Thanks for taking your time to reply. I have 4 other Kahrs that never failed even ONCE. (ok 3 are mine one is my wifes)
    BillACP and ron54 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9048 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief t View Post
    Discovered my problem. Tried one of the other magazines that came with the pistol today. 70 rounds no problem. Disassembled the first mag I used during all my malfunctions.

Discovered, FROM THE FACTORY, THE MAGAZINE SPRING WAS INSTALLED WRONG. Long part of the mag spring was facing towards the BACK of the mag. Not towards the front of the magazine as it should. All the cleaning lube and break-in the world not have solved this issue. Basic Factory assembly Training and quality control at Kahr may prevent this going forward.
    Good work isolating the variables for inspection & analysis leading to resolving the problem! :~)
    ron54 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Thanks, Relieved. A simple fix. Normally I bring multiple mag to the range. Probably would have tried a different mag after the second malfunction that day if so. None of the other mags shipped with the pistol were assembled incorrectly. The malfunction day I did not bring extra mags as I brought other pistols. Kahr pistols and mags up until this point have been flawless. Was shocked to have even 1 malfunction. Kahr is back in my good graces.

A phone call to Kahr customer service tech support to report the initial problem was excellent. They were eager to help and friendly.
    BillACP and ron54 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23987 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief t View Post
    Thanks, Relieved. A simple fix. Normally I bring multiple mag to the range. Probably would have tried a different mag after the second malfunction that day if so. None of the other mags shipped with the pistol were assembled incorrectly. The malfunction day I did not bring extra mags as I brought other pistols. Kahr pistols and mags up until this point have been flawless. Was shocked to have even 1 malfunction. Kahr is back in my good graces.

A phone call to Kahr customer service tech support to report the initial problem was excellent. They were eager to help and friendly.
    Glad to hear the good news........ sometimes a problem only needs a simple fix..... and normally if you approach the manufacturer with a good attitude asking for help you get good service..... giving them shite right off the bat sometimes burns your bridge before you get to cross it !
    BillACP likes this.

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2