new member new owner used k40

This is a discussion on new member new owner used k40 within the New Member Introduction forums, part of the Kahr Forum category; Hi, noob here, NJ laws obviously something not good. I wanted to ask group what is the main reason it looks like a round is ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Higgy Baby

Thread: new member new owner used k40

Member #

Hi, noob here, NJ laws obviously something not good.

I wanted to ask group what is the main reason it looks like a round is too wide? has a jam? even tho 80% of them are not getting stuck. Just was testing out a pre owned model I picked up. Also after last round I fired the slide closed as though another rd was in and it dry fired. I have an hk p30s 9mm and that has never ever happened

Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    KahrForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11994 times
    Welcome sayvor....
    I am not familiar with the K40....so- I assume it's like the rest of them.
    I believe you mean the gun failed to feed- round stuck half way in chamber. Kahr pistols have very tight springs- so tight that "hand racking the slide to load a round is "not recommended". Rather- you should use the mag release to load the round.
    And on the slide not picking up the last round- ? may be a magazine issue? If you have more than one mag you should mark them so they can be identified and distinguished from the other. Every time you have this issue- note which mag. If its always the same mag- then that mag has issues.

Hope that helps.....
    BillACP and ron54 like this.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Member #
    Liked
    24209 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgy Baby View Post
    Welcome sayvor....
    I am not familiar with the K40....so- I assume it's like the rest of them.
    I believe you mean the gun failed to feed- round stuck half way in chamber. Kahr pistols have very tight springs- so tight that "hand racking the slide to load a round is "not recommended". Rather- you should use the mag release to load the round.
    And on the slide not picking up the last round- ? may be a magazine issue? If you have more than one mag you should mark them so they can be identified and distinguished from the other. Every time you have this issue- note which mag. If its always the same mag- then that mag has issues.

Hope that helps.....
    Good advice here....

The hardest part about a Zombie
    Apocalypse is trying to act like
    I'm not excited ..... !!!!