Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following articles about using different mags. With minor adjustments several mags are usable. One on Utube, CheckMate Officers 6 rd mag, shows no mod reqd. AND the 6rd will accept 7 rds. The reason to make the chg was to get flush fit to grip and found it not only did this it provided an extra rd. I've tried find the mag to buy but can't. They are out of stock.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I've never heard of them. From what I've seen and read, the mod is easy. And the 1911 mags do look better.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pulled up Checkmate and they blamed no stock since they supply gov.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I've read that pro mag, mags fit the kahr with no modification and midway USA has them for like $19 each....,

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Even their 1911 mags.......I have heard that their other generic mags are not too good....but a 1911...

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Then there's something like this.....

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I've bought a m59 and a m96 pro mag, neither worked out of the packet. The Smith mag never worked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had that same idea, thinking that carrying longer mags for reloads would be a good idea. The mags that came with my Kimber (welded floorplate and stamped "Made in Italy) would not engage the mag catch and my PM45 mags baseplate stops the mag before it reaches the catch in the Kimber.

B.C.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Those ones made in italy, would they be those ACT mags, cause they can be variable good or bad. I have had good luck with kimbers protac mags.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered and got yesterday an extra 45 kahr clip. Midway had them on sale. Now I'm ready to CC with back up.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not familiar with CDNN but looked them up. Midway had them on sale for $4 less but of course that was sale. I'll have to bookmark CDNN and ck them out.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Toney, I'm wrong about that price. I was reading for one that had a finger extension. Their price is the same.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks,I will

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
1911....................bob.............

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Time for the happy happy happy........ bob dance.....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1911 is future project.........maybe.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts