Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally mustered up 100 rnds, so decided to hit the range today. It only took 2 months to find 100 rnds. I must say I am completely impressed. I shot the P380 and the PM9 side by side. IMO, the recoil is about half the PM9 and lighter than I expected. Very, very manageable. Accuracy wise, I would say they were equal. I shot 50 prvi partizan and 50 S&B.
1st 50: Prvi Partizan
Round 14, the slide locked backed prematurely.
Rnd 46(last rnd of mag) slide failed to lock back.
2nd 50: S&B
Rnd 10 FTF.
Based on what I have read, I expected more issues. I am very pleased with 1st trip.
Brought her home, cleaned her up, and now the seach continues for the next 100......

By the way, anyone have experience with Prvi Partizan. Seemed to be loaded a little hotter than the S&B.

·
Registered
371 Posts
only two reason that slide can lock back prematurely.

#1. your finger is engaging the slide lock lever
#2 the bullet is hitting the inside of the slide lock lever causing it to lock open. You can check that very easily buy just inserting a loaded magazine and looking down inside the opening and if the bullet is hitting the slide lock,you will see it and also feel it as it slides by the slide lock lever. Insert slowly and it will show if it is doing it.

Never seen that partizan ammo around. If it was me I would stick with good American made stuff, although like you say 380 ammo is just so har dto find right now. For your defense roundk, be sure and check to se eif those bullets are hitting that slide lock lever, some of the 100 grain plus rounds have had issues hitting the inside of the slide lock lever. I shoot the corbon 90 hp and it is flawless. Once yiou find a good defense round just stick with it.

More rounds down range to will certainly help this gun to run even more smooth..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jocko...
It only happened once in 100 rnds, but i did as you said, and it is definitely hitting the top rnd as it is being inserted. I will give Kahr a call tomorrow.

Will this cause the slide to lock back prematurely, or not lock back after last rnd??

·
Registered
371 Posts
512 p380 said:
Thanks Jocko...
It only happened once in 100 rnds, but i did as you said, and it is definitely hitting the top rnd as it is being inserted. I will give Kahr a call tomorrow.

Will this cause the slide to lock back prematurely, or not lock back after last rnd??

If it acted up on the last round once or twice, that could just be shooter error. If the gun can't recoil to it fullest, it will fail to lock open sometimes. Limpwristing can happen when shooters get tired and also when holding such a small ass gun as the P380. Also more rounds down range allowing the gun to break in some will eliminate that for sure. rounds hitting the slide lock normally cause slide lock, not hinder it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
received the new slide stop from Kahr on wednesday. only took 3 days to arrive. very happy with kahr service. replaced and tried the loaded mag drill. top round no longer hits the slide stop. will test it out as soon as i find ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts