1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Good read..................

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Hoarders... I thought it was just getting back to normal after the 08 run....
I still can't believe people ....

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I don't understand why that would go on this long.............how much is enough..........I guess not enough for them !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
What ever the reason I'm sick of it!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Isn't greed wonderful.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most of the manufacturers are mostly gearing towards common centerfire calibers and there are also restrictions on how much ammo can be shipped without requiring HAZ-MAT certification for each shipment. This result in amount of available stock is limited.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Hmmmmnnnnmmm interesting information thanks

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
There were several "flippers" at the gun show this weekend. They mostly ignored I think. Anyone paying the prices they were asking have to be stupid or desperate for ammo. Had a friend with me that wintered in Florida. He was telling most of them, just for meanness, that he could buy the same thing in Florida for $11.50 a box. They were priced anywhere from 26 to 35 Bucks. They wouldn't didn't want to talk to him at all as the conversation could be overheard by potential customers. One of them says his prices were based on cost and problems getting powder.
I did see a small of 22's for $19.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm not buying the hoarding senerio entirely anymore. A remington arms representative talks about their brand new plant primarily for production of short supply ammo, but where does the hoarding start when larger size gun stores are not receiving any? I was told to just forget about 380 this summer, while out of the other side of the rep's mouth "We are producing what gives us the best ROI.

CCI could raise their MSRP to $20 a box for mini-mags and get it. I would think they would be hard pressed to find anything else to produce that would give them a better return. I'm not saying that hoarding is not going on, but there is something else behind not being able to find anything. If it was so damn profit centered by supply, General Motors would start making 380 acp's.

One idea that our President mentioned early on in his political career, was regulating the supply of ammo. At the time by generating a new tax.

This is just one Bob idea for thursday.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello rctatical and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome.............

·
Registered
509 Posts
Another reason for this shortage can be the great increase in new firearm owners since Obama. My guess is many people buying their first firearm have bought a .22 LR. Obama is at fault, but not for the reason he wants.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts