Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up my p380 at local ffl today. purchased on web as factory new, but there were 3 mags in box. 1 six in gun, another six in foam, and one 7 in foam. seems odd? i was expecting it be difficult to rack from everything i read, but it took me 10 trys and a rubber gripper to pull the slide open. won't be getting any stronger at my age.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I hope it gets easier. I don't want to continue taking my granddaughter to the range to pull the slide for me. It's downright embarrassing.

BTW I got 3 mags also. All handguns should come with 3.

Reactions: Toney

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I hope it gets easier. I don't want to continue taking my granddaughter to the range to pull the slide for me. It's downright embarrassing.

BTW I got 3 mags also. All handguns should come with 3.
Oh man Bob..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
What?? It's only until that damn spring loosens up.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome mm2. 3 mags? That's a good thing.:applause:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i appreciate the replies, but even need more therapy. it took all my strenght and ten minutes to pull the slide, just to the point of engaging the open lock. i obviously cannot shoot the gun yet, because i could never clear a malfunction or misfire. one gentleman on youtube suggests locking the gun open for a couple of days, to weaken the spring somewhat. your thoughts on that idea?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I have heard the same thing......... Worth a try !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yes it helps to rack slide and leave for several nights if you want. It did my CM.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Build up that arm strength......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts