Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading some 380 CC folks are loading solid points rather than Hollow points. The thought is since the round is considered much weaker than a 9mm that a solid 380 might make up the difference considering the easy collapse of a 380 hollow round. Any opinions?

Qualifier: Of course for this conversation please ignore the obvious potential of missing the intended target and harming innocents.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
When I carried a 380 fmjs were what I carried most of the time. I did buy a box of hornady that I carried until I swapped it and the box of ammo off.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
It's one of those whatever makes you feel comfortable things ...................you will get more penetration with fmj.............but I think a good sd round at close range is fine as well..........I carry Hornady critical defense in mine...........but wouldn't have a problem with any quality fmj either !!!
So I guess I didn't really answer the question.............

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I carried a 380 fmjs were what I carried most of the time. I did buy a box of hornady that I carried until I swapped it and the box of ammo off.
I would have to feel much better of my shot placement if I uses fmj but might consider it after personally shooting it to some old coats and jeans.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Picture shows Hornady cd..........has a plug in the tip so it doesn't clog and reduce penetration..........you decide.........

·
Registered
148 Posts
I carry Hornady CD. But the more I read about ammo, especially 380, the confusder I get. I'd like to know what ammo the old cop in the Tampa movie theater used. One 380 bullet killed the man who threw the popcorn, after going through his wife's hand.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Like I said........it's what you feel good with.......there's too much hype and conflicting thought on it.......your right its confusing.........

·
Registered
509 Posts
The are many videos on YouTube about the Best of Everything. In the cold weather months I carry ball ammo for my SD.

Well I found this video that talks about the .380 ACP:
I bought the Precision One Ammunition 90 Gr. HP/XTP. You need to be careful and get a small diameter HP so it won't get caught on the feed ramp's lip into the camber if it has a lip. That's what makes the XTP and FTX bullets work so well.

They feed well in my P380 Kahr and my P230 Sig. Precision One has good prices too and they ship quickly: Precision ONe Ammunition, Dont Shoot Twice Shoot Precision ONe

I hope this helps. My apologies if you've already seen this video.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Then of course there is the fun of finding a brand and type that your gun likes and cycles properly......

Reactions: feedramp

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yep, the hunt can be as much fun as the kill. However, if you don't have but one .380 pistol and the ammo you just bought won't work in your pistol, I guess you can always send it to me. Yep, that'll work (for me). :>)

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Ahhhh yeah...... :p

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Its funny the hornady xtp did better than the CD load.
I haven't seen them little plastic tips on rifle bullets make any different but in the price.
In fact the nolsler bt isn't as accurate as bent lead tipped bullets in my 270.

Pretty boxes and new fangled bullets are just a way to get more money...

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Your probably right........I bought them because they looked like they would feed well........not because of anything else........go figure ??

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been looking and following up this video which lead to other about Precision One. Looks like $27+ for a box of 50. That sure is a good buy compared to what I've been buying. Interesting side note. Next on their list is testing ammo for the 9mm.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Well then of course you could offer the bad guy / scumbag a choice..........be polite and say.......... before I bust a cap in your a$$........would you prefer hp or fmj.........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well then of course you could offer the bad guy / scumbag a choice..........be polite and say.......... before I bust a cap in your a$$........would you prefer hp or fmj.........
Now why didn't I think of that?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Now a days with the "aclu" on everyone, you have to be versed in proper social ettecate bob.........maybe you should start watching Martha Stewart........
And learn how to waste a bad guy......... using proper grace !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now a days with the "aclu" on everyone, you have to be versed in proper social ettecate bob.........maybe you should start watching Martha Stewart........
By going to jail like she did?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
So no one's perfect.....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First BG's wouldn't recognize Grace if it squatted them and 2nd of all I don't think Martha has ANY grace. Now Toney has Grace.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts