Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Nice to read your first Thread Ratmando73. I figure you must have bought the cw380 after you owned a Kahr in 2009. Guessing your happy with the cw380 or you would not have bought another Kahr?

·
Registered
148 Posts
exact same mags

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome back to the forum Ratmando73.:applouse:

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Welcome.............

·
Registered
323 Posts
500 rnds thru my kahr cw380 & going to shoot again today. I use militec-1 oil/just follow directions. Cleanest pistol you will own til they come out with somethin else. l do all spring and mag with hair dryer. l wax follower watchin tv, coats.

I also buy militec-1 grease for rails. Especially with a new kahr for problem free action.

Militec 1 can be bought on ebay in 1oz containers @ $7.65 to the door savings. Last long time.

l shoot cartridge gaged ammo even if factory, u can carry a C.G. in your pocket.

YOU SHOULD GIVE US A RANGE REPORT/pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice to read your first Thread Ratmando73. I figure you must have bought the cw380 after you owned a Kahr in 2009. Guessing your happy with the cw380 or you would not have bought another Kahr?
Hey Bob,

its been awhile since I was on the forum. I have owned or own the Mk9 Elite 98, P40 Covert (magnaported), PM40, and the P380. I have always loved the Kahrs.. I have thousands of rounds down range and have never had issues with them.
My brother picked up a CW380 after years of trying to talk me out of my P380. He was looking for CW mags, thus the question.
Cheers,
Rat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
500 rnds thru my kahr cw380 & going to shoot again today. I use militec-1 oil/just follow directions. Cleanest pistol you will own til they come out with somethin else. l do all spring and mag with hair dryer. l wax follower watchin tv, coats.

I also buy militec-1 grease for rails. Especially with a new kahr for problem free action.

Militec 1 can be bought on ebay in 1oz containers @ $7.65 to the door savings. Last long time.

l shoot cartridge gaged ammo even if factory, u can carry a C.G. in your pocket.

YOU SHOULD GIVE US A RANGE REPORT/pics.
Kahrhauler,

i have owned my P380 since 2009 and have 1647 round thru it. Would be more but its not a target weapon although at times I do shoot out to 25yards. Never has given me a problem, just like my other Kahrs. I think I attached a photo

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kahrhauler,

i have owned my P380 since 2009 and have 1647 round thru it. Would be more but its not a target weapon although at times I do shoot out to 25yards. Never has given me a problem, just like my other Kahrs. I think I attached a photo
this is from 2, 5, 7 15, 25 yards. Nice little gun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
this is from 2, 5, 7 15, 25 yards. Nice little gun.

I'm curious if you know which bullet holes came from what distance? If memory serves me well I believe most pics of spent targets by a kahr have most of the rounds lower and to the left, including mine. Interesting.....
Nice to hear from you.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Low left is mostly the shooter. Pushing and yanking. Being a lefty I fight low and right.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yes I agree Toney. Make a guy wonder if ought to correct the sighting for the correct placement if he's going to shoot there always.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I have drifted my sights, but after a lot of rounds down the tube most of the time I'm shooting down the center.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Low left is mostly the shooter. Pushing and yanking. Being a lefty I fight low and right.
A lot of times that happens when you get your finger too far onto the trigger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm curious if you know which bullet holes came from what distance? If memory serves me well I believe most pics of spent targets by a kahr have most of the rounds lower and to the left, including mine. Interesting.....
Nice to hear from you.
The only ones I remember were the top 4 were at 25 yds as I had 2 misses and was aiming for the top of the target. All others were done in rapid fire, strings of 2, 3 and 4 with emergency reloads. Nice weapon and I have no qualms about carrying it as a main carry or a backup. Always have a 7 rounder stuffed in my pocket. I use a comp-tec infidel or a belly band.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree. I remember years ago an instructor telling me that bullets are pack animals. They don't like to be alone. If you put one low and left more will follow. I do fight that with the 380 but none of the other Kahrs. Thus if I am there on a double or triple tap they are all there.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Thank you Ratmando for the info. Looks like good shooting to me. Hope to see you post more often.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts