Kahr Handgun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_20130506_153337.jpg IMG_20130506_153218.jpg

My first 454s, sucked my h110 jug dry fast! !!

Used 36grs with a 240gr xtp mag, about twice the powder I've ever put in a pistol case. Only 3 grs less than I put in the243!!!

Can't wait to shoot a few.

·
Super Moderator
23,360 Posts
Some bad boys there Toney...............

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No collection is complete without a big revolver. If I hunt with the 454 it will be from a stand or blind.

My 45acp loads aren't much faster than 800fps. 2200 from a 1911 is insane! !!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,360 Posts
I believe it's not that you can't use your CCW weapon for hunting, it's just not the best choice for that task. Like everything else, it is a tool best designed for a particular use. Of course you can shoot a four or two legged creature / person and get a kill from it. But how practical is a self defense compact weapon, designed for relatively close encounters, basically draw, point and shoot a good choice for hunting. There are weapons better suited for that purpose, i.e. a big bore revolver, maybe with a scope ! Why would a person buy that big expensive and heavy weapon to lug around as a CCW, most would not. Is it because it can be done, and some do. As a practical matter, there are better choices and alternatives. Therefore, its like the old saying goes......use the right tool for the job......!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts