Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a fix for the PM9 mags that won't drop by them selves.

Remove the spring, or depress it with a pen or something, then take a pair of channel-lock pliers and squeeze the feed end of the mag. Do not bend it just flex it together, it doesn't take much.

I have tried this on 8 mags, all new and all didn't drop freely. ALL 8 of them drop and function perfectly. This applies to 6 round as well as 7 and 8 rounders.

EASY FIX AND REAL CHEAP.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum pdxmale. I have a CM9 and have not had a problem but I will keep the suggestion if I do!:welcoming:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I had the problem and the fix was as pdxmail explained and you're right, don't squeeze tight.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Good intel..thanks!:05.18-flustered:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My cm9 did not drop easy and after it came back from Kahr it was still no better. Took a visit to my gunsmith and he found the answer......he dremeled the polymer just behind the release button so I can depress it fully....and in less than 2 seconds and no charge by him it worked.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Nice.........sometimes it's just a little adjustment by a pro and your good to go...

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Mine didn't drop free, I lightly sanded the ribs in the grip.

I gutted my mag, then put small strips of 400gt across my mag and shoved it home, then I pushed it back out with a screwdriver. It didn't take many times before it dropped free.

·
Registered
9 Posts
good idea, I have one mag that sticks like that, my second mag drops just fine. Thanks

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I don't want my mags to "drop free". I prefer to reload with retention. Just say'n.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My CM9 recently went home to the factory for breaking followers. Mag were also tight. When I received that call from the gunsmith, he advised me he lightly rimmed the inside of the mag well. Now all drop freely.

Reactions: xsailer

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Alright..............good deal......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Good info Garner.......thanks

·
Registered
9,376 Posts