Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Kahr firearms and was wondering if anyone besides Kahr manufactures CW9 magazines? I also understand that Kahr has recently upgraded the followers that they install in the handguns. Is this true? What say you? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello GaryO and welcome to the Forum.
I had read somewhere that somebody had been told by a Kahr Rep that the followers were being redesigned. Although I haven't any problems,,,,yet it would be nice for the affected customer AND the company. Their mag reputation has been dented severely. If there are after Market kahr mag makers I've not seen any. I'm sure somebody here will jump in. I do know many 1911 mags work with the CW45.
Again...glad you're with us and look forward to reading your posts. That's quite an Avatar.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome GaryO.:welcoming:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome...............haven't seen anything about them either !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I did........

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Where bob...

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Online......

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
The only non factory mags I have are for my 45s...............wilson and kimber protac.............both work fine in my 1911s........

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Yup, I'm with Ron..Wilson & Kimbers are hard to beat. I tossed my Auto-Ordinance mags, that 1911 works better with Wilsons and Colts.:05.18-flustered:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I am new to Kahr firearms and was wondering if anyone besides Kahr manufactures CW9 magazines? I also understand that Kahr has recently upgraded the followers that they install in the handguns. Is this true? What say you? Thanks...
So GaryO, after re-reading the posts I guess no one other than Kahr makes Kahr mags. If you don't mind me adding to your question; what other gun magazines work in the CW45?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Old thread, but I'm a new guy, and I have two Promag magazines I purchased from Midway USA ans they have performed without any issues. I know they have a bad rep but I only use them at the range for now and carry with factory mags. But for range time they are fine and hold 8 rounds. If I recall correctly they sold for about $20 at the time of purchase many, many months ago.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Thanks KahrBean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had no trouble with my Pro-Mag 10 round mag. I like the design of their follower better than I like Kahr's. I also have no problem with my two six round (one being their free one). I get nose dives out of the 7 round, unless I load it one round short...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts