Votes: 0 0.0%
  • K40

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of those (like me) who love the feel of the all steel, which is your favorite?

It seems that many prefer the 9mm, but I am partial to the .40 S&W. Sort of more bang for the buck.

If you have a preference, tell me why the 9mm is better than the .40, or why the .40 is the only way to go.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I've been a 40, and 45 fan. I just Don't want to carry anything heaver than 9mm,

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I'm a 1911- 45 fan myself. But my MK9 is as heavy as I want to carry. I split most of my carry now between mk9 & xds9. I find that the 40 in anything compact is a little to snappy for me. I had a k40 and it wasn't a bad shooter, but I found that a 1911 - 45 is more enjoyable to shoot. A 40 for me would be strictly a sd gun.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I've got a K9 and very happy with it but an Mk9 is little smaller & lighter (arguably not much), different coloring just for looks. Not having shot a 40 I can't give an personal opinion but based on what I've been told with protection the 9 does damage and recovers from recoil quicker than a larger cal. I'm still learning.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Since I only have one all steel Kahr, I voted for it, my K40 Covert. However, I carry my TP45 while the K40 stays home.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
At my local Wally World 40 and 45 ammo usually seems to be on the shelf but the 9mm goes quickly whenever it comes in. I do not know if that sways anyone's decision on buying or carrying, just an observation.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yeah.....the 40 & 45 is definitely not the most popular choice for range use .........pretty much everyone into guns and shooting has a 9mm. Economics also plays a part when burning rounds down range

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes, down range shooting is usually 9mm and .22LR when prices are acceptable. PD Fireams and Ammo go to the range six to twelve times a year.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What surprises me is after reading a ton of posts, it appears many prefer the 9's over the 40's. I understand that it's softer to shoot, but the .40 for self defense is far better. I actually feel the best with one of my smaller .45 1911's on my side. But there is no denying it, from what I've read, people prefer to purchase an MK9 over an MK40.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Only 4 Total Votes?

Gosh I thought we had more kahr owners than 4 on the forum.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Well, the stats show plenty of readers. Maybe they will join in?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts