Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I am a member of an AMVETS post and we have a monthly meeting at the post and a second meeting at a senior housing facility. We call it our Southern Command as it is about 8 miles south of the main post. We have about 35 vets and widows at our meetings, most from WWII, a few from Korea. They are dying at about 2 every 3 months. More move in but our WWII vets I read are going at 10,000 a day! We get to know these guys and then there gone. Sad. These people are very thankful that they are remembered. :USA:

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Good for you john...........I'm sure your good and gracious work is deeply appreciated by all you touch........!!!!!!!
Thanks for caring........

Reactions: John70

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I am awe of ALL our vets but especially the WWII guys because they are going so fast and they need to know we would not have our many good things if weren't for them. Believe me when an injustice put on them like care or Obama's memorial treatment I really get pissed.

Good for you John and keep passing on the recognition by us of them.

bob

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the supporting remarks. The WWII guys we meet with have some great stories, I suspect some may be embellished but it does not matter now. They are heroes! We are fortunate that we have many people willing to give their time to make these vets feel there efforts are not forgotten! On the past veterans day we had our state represntative read and distribute a proclamation acknowledgeing their contributions. I just want to say it is not about me but these wonderful men and women that made it possible to live in the wonderful country that we do.:USA:

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
You are truly a good man john.............what would our world be like without someone like you.............certainly not a better place.........

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
we have a 93 yr old WWII vet in our church, he still drives and writes poetry. His wife is about 70'ish. He's very spry and sings and orates very often. He was in every major battle in the south pacific. He wear his uniform on Veterans day. He's so cool.
My grandmother was a "Rosie riveter" during the war. She welded ship hulls in the Port of Richmond ship yard for Liberty ships. My grandfather was 4F so he loaded ships with material and loaded "fat-boy" onto a box car. Which he didn't find out until well after the war. Such a great generation of true Americans. My dad is a Korea vet.:abe:

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our post has a 93 year old former sailor, still fits in his uniform, drives to the meetings, I think he is about 120 pounds, very spry and funny!:USA:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Our post has a 93 year old former sailor, still fits in his uniform, drives to the meetings, I think he is about 120 pounds, very spry and funny!:USA:
Are you sure..........it's not bob ..........kind of sounds like him.............spry are we bob !!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am a member of an AMVETS post and we have a monthly meeting at the post and a second meeting at a senior housing facility. We call it our Southern Command as it is about 8 miles south of the main post. We have about 35 vets and widows at our meetings, most from WWII, a few from Korea. They are dying at about 2 every 3 months. More move in but our WWII vets I read are going at 10,000 a day! We get to know these guys and then there gone. Sad. These people are very thankful that they are remembered. :USA:
I think there is a good chance that there are American Legion and VFW members on the Kahr site also.:lolu:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I wish it were me. I'm a lot younger than 93 and can't do what this Hero is doing. Good for him. I'm on his side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts