Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few Kahrs at one time then got divorced. My wife (the best lady number 2 is always better) carries a K40 off duty and I just got a PM45 for a future off duty gun and getting a CW45 this weekend. I noramlly carry a M11 and the wife is issued gun is a Glock 22. Thinking of getting trading the PM45 for a MK40 to have the same round as my wife when we together but I heard that the MK40 has harsh recoil compared to the PM45.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome to the forum..............I had a k40 up till a couple of months ago, it was a sweet gun...........and yes it had a bit of a kick to it.........a little snappy if you will. I also carry an mk9 now and it is much tamer on the recoil. The MK is a smaller gun than the k series and the recoil would be more pronounced as well. Remember the 40 s&w is a high pressure cart and compared to a 45 which has more of a felt push than snap. The 40 tends to be on the snappy side. Depends what you are used to and how sensitive to recoil you are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is true Ron, M11 is 9mm and would have gotten a PM9 or MK9 but for a trade for a Glock 26 it was a good deal. I like the push of the 45 and have a HK45c Tactical but I wanted something that would be better when I am going to some of the places with kids.

I am not sensitive to recoil but still prefer 9mm to most. I am looking for 45 ACP brass that can be used with small pistol primers since I have reload 9mm. I just want to have one primer if possible.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
From what you have said I believe you would be happier with a 45 or 9mm when all is said and done.........I love shooting my 45s at the range, but I prefer carrying my mk9 or the little bodyguard 380 that is small and so concealable........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I've been CC'n a CM9 this summer but now that cooler weather is here been CC'n a K9 and M&P9c to get used to it and to break in the holsters somewhat. THEY are a lot heavier of course but manageable. I certainly know it's there on 3:30 to 4. Would love to have an MK9 in place of the K but not to be.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I carried my m&p 40c for a few days to break in my new holster and pouch, but its in the safe.
My cm9 is back in my belt.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I've done the same thing and it makes me wonder if in the future I might narrow my firearms to something I'm comfortable carrying. Still thinking the Sig 938 or something as comfortable. I sat on firearms for years and not using them. Not going to do that again even though I really like the ones I have. If it came right down to it I'd have a hard deciding between the K9 and M&P9c. I really like the K9 just because it's a steel kahr and the m&p for the double stack mag. I acquired the Cm and the m&p for good reasons and K just because I wanted it.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Sometimes you get a gun or guns for no good reason............just because of a want..........not a need..........and that's ok too :rolleyes: !!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
My count for swapping, selling and buying is 9

1 - 10 of 10 Posts