Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a paddle holster and have read that many of the ones available have flimsy paddles and as such are marginally suitable for CW9 concealed carry. Any experience with "made in the USA" paddles? What say you? thanks...

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I don't have any experience with them, but a popular one seems to be fobus. They can be ordered from amazon, and are reasonable. Check them out !

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I've got the xd gear one, I have wore it like three times. It solid enough but I hit my elbow on the pistol, and it doesn't hold the pistol in tight enough for me.
Also I don't like plastic against my skin.

Being left handed I prefer snap on type holsters.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yeah I have the same xd one that came with my xds........have never worn it. As I only carry IWB...........but like you Toney, I don't like any hard plastic against my side or me. I wear the hybrid holsters ( crossbreed ) for example, so leather is against my side and or skin. As far as the weapon itself being in plastic, doesn't bother me. And like you, I don't know if I'd like the weapon not being up tight against me either !

·
Registered
108 Posts
I picked up a Braid's holster on ebay that is a combo pocket and IWB. Here is a link to the video.
The belt clip is removable so you can slip in your pocket. I have carried it for 2-3 months and am very pleased. Here are a couple of pics. kahr 3.jpg kahr 4.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Note:
Have you noticed in the Forum's Picture "Gallery", CW9_Slide, bilfer, slide picture of 15 of 15, bilfer shows his paddle holster. You might send a PM or a Post asking him how he likes it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Note:
Have you noticed in the Forum's Picture "Gallery", CW9_Slide, bilfer, slide picture of 15 of 15, bilfer shows his paddle holster. You might send a PM or a Post asking him how he likes it.
I can't find the above in the Forum gallery. There are only a few pictures. Since I am new to the pics, can you provide a little guidance. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yes I can, click on the black menu bar above the word "Gallery". When opens click on the Title under the picture you're interested in then you may click on the picture within that you're interested in. If you want to scroll thru all of the pictures you will notice at the top a gray bar. Click on "Next" or "Previous".

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
bob just likes the word "paddle":cower:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I like the action more.

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I'll bet you do ......

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
He likes the "paddling" to start with the phrase "c'mer bobby, you've been naughty...again" :cower:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
And then he says..........oh yes, I've been a very....very bad boy........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
And you guys talk of my imagination? You've obviously been around the pump looking for the handle.:huh:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
We've been bad boys too....bob.... :D

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Oh and when your done with the paddle please pass it along !

Reactions: xsailer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Avoid the Fobus, at least the one that comes up for the CW9, on Amazon. I love them for a lot of my other guns, but there are different styles of the Fobus. The one I bought off of Amazon does not fit properly. I'll put the description from Amazon below (no link, though) so you can avoid it. I was actually going to review it on my web site, but since my whole thing is to give away the holster at the end of the review, I didn't want to give someone a crap holster. Here is the description of what NOT to buy for the CW9:

Fobus Roto Holster RH Belt C21BRB Browning HP Compact Style / Kahr CW9/ PM9/ P9/ T9/ MK9/ K9/ TP9/ T40/ K40/MK40/ PM40 / 1911 Style -All Models & Para C645 -Compact Style / FireStorm - Compact .9, .40, .45 cal / KEL-TEC PF9

1 - 18 of 18 Posts