Kahr Handgun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I posted this in my introduction, but didn't know if it would be seen as readily as here. Sorry for the double posting but I really need help with this.

Retired LEO here, so have been shooting handguns for the last 35 years. Duty gun was a Colt 1911 Series 70. I also have a Beretta PX4 Storm sub-compact and a CZ75 P01 The Storm and CZ are 9mm.
I wanted a small .380 pocket gun and decided on the Kahr P380. Other than being a bear to rack, it's a very nice shooter. HOWEVER.......I'm left handed and I came back from putting 250 rounds through it, with only minimal FTF and a couple of FTE. That's not my problem. My problem is that it is tearing up my trigger finger. It seems to be getting caught between the trigger and the guard. Separated the bottom of my trigger finger from the nail. It didn't seem that changing my finger position helped either. I started noticing this around 20 rounds into it, so by 250 rounds I was less than happy. Am I the only one having this problem??

Thanks,
Bob

·
Super Moderator
23,348 Posts
..........yes welcome !
Sorry have not heard of the problem you are experiencing ?

Reactions: lefty60

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
See my reply in your other thread! :emot-salute:

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Thank you. I'll raid my wife's nail kit tomorrow.
Just don't get caught, most wives are sensitive to "misuse" of their nail kits, don't ask how I know this! :hopelessness:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got a lil blister/knick on my trigger finger on my right hand from hitting the trigger guard on my CW45. I'm a newb so maybe its just me adjusting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks, I posted this in my introduction, but didn't know if it would be seen as readily as here. Sorry for the double posting but I really need help with this.

Retired LEO here, so have been shooting handguns for the last 35 years. Duty gun was a Colt 1911 Series 70. I also have a Beretta PX4 Storm sub-compact and a CZ75 P01 The Storm and CZ are 9mm.
I wanted a small .380 pocket gun and decided on the Kahr P380. Other than being a bear to rack, it's a very nice shooter. HOWEVER.......I'm left handed and I came back from putting 250 rounds through it, with only minimal FTF and a couple of FTE. That's not my problem. My problem is that it is tearing up my trigger finger. It seems to be getting caught between the trigger and the guard. Separated the bottom of my trigger finger from the nail. It didn't seem that changing my finger position helped either. I started noticing this around 20 rounds into it, so by 250 rounds I was less than happy. Am I the only one having this problem??

Thanks,
Bob
I was just shooting my P9 yesterday after a couple of years. I remembered to use the tip of my trigger finger instead of wrapping my finger around the trigger. That does the trick for me. I used to get pinched when I first started shooting it years ago. Incidentally, Hickok45 has had the same problem with pinching his trigger finger on his carry Kahr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts