Kahr Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in my LGS a week and a half ago and saw this bobtail MAC 1911. Well after checking it out, you can guess what happened. I had to have it and put it on layaway. It is a commander size in hard chrome. I also ordered custom grips from raasco grips and just got them today. I will be picking up the gun in a couple of weeks..........can't wait........

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a cleaner pic....

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Awesome gun.....

Gun looks nice, 3/4" shorter and it'll look like my Kimber. However, your grips look better than mine......and that's not fair!!! You'll like the 45 they shoot nice, feel nice, and it will make you smile for sure.

I was in my LGS a week and a half ago and saw this bobtail MAC 1911. Well after checking it out, you can guess what happened. I had to have it and put it on layaway. It is a commander size in hard chrome. I also ordered custom grips from raasco grips and just got them today. I will be picking up the gun in a couple of weeks..........can't wait........

·
Super Moderator
23,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think tomorrow will be the day that my new baby gets to come home with me..............!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
image.jpg So today was the day that I went to pickup my gun that was on layaway. When I got to the LGS and was waiting for the salesman to get my gun from the back, I see a S&W 1911 duo tone bobtail in the case. Well that was all she wrote. I told the salesman that I wanted to get the S&W instead. It was way more money, so of course he gladly switched over to it. Yikes it's a sweet gun, tomorrow it will be range day.............

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I have never owned or shot a S&W semi auto. Only owned their revolvers and I did enjoy them a lot. I'll find out how she does at the range tomorrow............

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is one nice looking gun!!!! Congrats!!!

Long time ago the only S&W I owned was model 39 (single stack), they also had a model 59 (double stack) but it was too large in the grip, didn't feel right to me. I sold the gun after shooting one clip, to one of the coworkers who just had to have it. Made a little profit on it and used it to buy a 357 mag, Ruger SS with 6" barrel. Needless to say I had regrets the minute I sold the Smith. In my opinion they are great guns. Our local PD carried the 59's at the time.

The one you got is a beauty, that's for sure. Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
23,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks........I'm really enjoying it !!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Buying USA made is a good thing!!!
However, for my money, and my experience with Metro Arms products,
I would have went with the Bobcut. The American Classic II, by Metro Arms
is one of the best kept secrets in the United States!

·
Super Moderator
23,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do have an American classic amigo, that I had my gunsmith do pretty much a rebuild on it with all wilson combat and les Baer parts..........he even tightened the slide to frame fit.......,only thing on the gun that's original is slide, frame, barrel, guide rod. It is now a smooth and very accurate gun with a 3.2 lb trigger. It was worthy gun to upgrade, it wasn't bad stock either.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Haven't seen this thread Ron. That is one fine looking gun.

bob

·
Super Moderator
23,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Broke out the 45 brothers..........playtime and cleaning with daddy !!! Last couple of pics are the Metro Arms Amigo.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats all around.

Never heard of MAC but the Smith is beauty. Shot one a few weeks ago. Looks like a scandium frame model. Nice and light and concealable. On my short list when $$$'s become available.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Good News! Kahr says the CW380 is shipping!

·
Super Moderator
23,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 34 Posts