Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's something that is pretty much common to all of us who carry. When you buy that nice new holster for your favorite carry weapon............what is the most you will pay or would consider paying for it ? Of course each one of us may have different budgets and likes / needs. There are also other things to consider as to your style of carry, type and size of weapon, comfort level, climate, how you dress, weather, looks. And if you can open or have to CC carry. Some of us are skilled, such as Toney, and can fabricate their own holster. But most of us buy a holster and after we acquire that box or drawer full, kind of figure out what works best for us. So with all that said what's your end of the line on what you consider to be that all important purchase..................For myself, I have found the hybrid kydex / leather to work best. And own crossbreeds and kholsters.............average price.........$70.00............if I was to get a custom all leather holster, I think about $ 125.00 or so would be my max !!!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
You know, my problem with buying high dollar holsters is my firearms addiction .

If the accessories I'm wanting come even close to the price of another gun.....

Think its time for another GG. Meeting ....

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep...........whenever you get a new gun that you intend on carrying, that's another cost in the mix. If your gonna carry, both pocket and IWB for example.........that's 2 holsters you'll need............I know some folks that pocket carry don't holster up...........,,but I just think that's too dangerous........not covering the trigger and risking an unintentional discharge. Also if you trade and or swap guns a lot, you end up with holsters you no longer have a use for...........god knows, I've got a few.......
And yeah another GG meeting is in order......................( PS.....they don't do any good ) :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I've spent almost 70, I guess one good thing about buying good holsters is that you can sale them if you don't like them.... got 50 for that one on the local forum.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've spent almost 70, I guess one good thing about buying good holsters is that you can sale them if you don't like them.... got 50 for that one on the local forum.
Yes that is true.........as most of us find out pretty quickly if the new holster is to our liking or not.........hence little use and wear........and like you said if its a good one someone will buy it for a fair price, cause they know what it is and was worth new.......

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also consider like most I guess........that not being well off myself, there is a real value vs price paid. Don't get me wrong..........everyone likes something nice, and that is going to function well and last. So you do in many cases kind of get what you pay for................the key is not overpaying because of our over the top desires I guess..........
Then on the other hand, if you got it and want it............get it daddy......just get it.... :smile:

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've spent anywhere from $110.00 to $165.00 for a leather shoulder rig. I own three shoulder rigs. But that was me years ago; not me today. Today I'm retired and on a fixed income. However, I am able to enjoy all the nice things my money bought all those years ago. I have no regrets about the money spent. None. Nada.

Obama stated: If you like your things, you can keep your things. Period.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And you know keeperOath, that's how it should be.............

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I've ordered and have on order almost exclusively OWB and pancake style at 4 RH side. This is the most comfortable for leather I've found and they cost about $70. I have several for different weapons. Now when warm weather gets here I'll be looking for something else I'm sure. I need to go to HH too me thinks.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I know your asking about leather but I've been using the DeSantos pocket holster and it is, as always, comfortable when wearing Levi with big pockets.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I remember you posting a pic of that holster.......,,,it's a nice one too.........and all leather..........I know you like to carry OWB.........and it obviously works well for your lifestyle and how you dress. I know it's got to be more comfortable than IWB........but I have never tried OWB........I'm chunkier than you, and don't think it would work out wearing just a tee shirt like I do year round.......so I've gravitated to the hybrid IWB style.........ugly to look at but comfy to wear........,,.,,

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I have a leather convert-able to iwb or owb and it's comfortable either way and a Kydex iwb that I hardly ever use. I will though when the weather changes I'm sure. Before I got the leather holsters I wore the kydex IBW and it was ok. I did like the firm click when the gun inserted in that kydex. You knew it was home then.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah........I get the click on mine when the trigger guard pops fully in my crossbreeds. And it is nice as you know she's in place securely

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hmmmm, I didn't include the kydex holster in my Gallery pics. I'll have to add it. It was made locally by a Wichita Policeman. He advertises nationally I think though.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Doesn't the all kydex one dig in on you, and make you sweat there when it's hot..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Not that I noticed but then I wore a tee shirt under it. I can't help but think in would though. We'll see. I would have thought that even with the layer of tee shirt it would still sweat. I can't give a definitive answer though because I just haven't used it that much.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I spent $100 for a custom IWB/OWB holster, mag pouch and belt in dark black cherry leather for my Sig 1911 Ultra and only $30 for a pocket/IWB leather holster for my CM9.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
You got a deal with belt, holster and mag pouch. It's too darn easy to spend at least that much on these items.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is a deal.............

1 - 20 of 30 Posts