Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an example of a gun rights group doing something stupid I think, by showing up at a Chipolte restaurant openly carrying assault rifles. How did they figure that would help lend support to the cause of owning and carrying guns, by scaring the crap out of everyone around. Nothing wrong with exercising our rights, but common sense needs to prevail..........
NEW YORK (AP) — Chipotle is asking customers not to bring firearms into its stores after it says gun rights advocates brought military-style assault rifles into one of its restaurants in Texas.

The Denver-based company notes that it has traditionally complied with local laws regarding open and concealed firearms.

But in a statement Monday, the company said that "the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers."

The announcement came after a petition by Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, which has called on other companies to ban firearms in their stores as well. The group said its petition was in reaction to open-carry gun activists appearing at a Dallas-area Chipotle restaurant over the weekend.

Erika Soto Lamb, a spokeswoman for the group, said she thought the move by Chipotle was a "bold statement," especially considering its previous stance of complying with local laws.

Many states allow people to carry licensed guns in some way, but some businesses exercise their right to ban firearms.

A Chipotle spokesman didn't immediately respond when asked if the company's request was an outright ban, or how it would respond if people continued to bring firearms into its restaurants.

Last year, Starbucks Corp. also told customers that guns were no longer welcome in its cafes after it had to temporarily close a store in Newtown, Connecticut, to avoid a demonstration by gun rights advocates. The company said it shut down the store out of respect for the community, where 20 school children and six educators had been slain.

The Seattle-based coffee chain stopped short of a ban, however, saying it didn't want to put its workers in the position of having to ask people carrying guns to leave its stores. Its carefully worded decision also underscored how major companies need to walk a fine line on highly divisive political issues.

Likewise, Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. noted in its statement that "there are strong arguments on both sides of this issue." It said it hoped that customers who oppose carrying guns in public agree that "it is the role of elected officials and the legislative process to set policy in this area."

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
This is not a good happening for either side and since I'm on the carry side a bit short sighted from my point of view. Now the store has forced a choice on my part: do I want to feel guilty while continuing to carry in their store or just go down the street to their competitor.

Reactions: ron54

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right.........but you would think that someone(s) in the group would have had a measure of common sense, if nothing else and not went about trying to further the cause by being in everyone's faces the way they did, causing the opposite effect of what the intent was for......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Some folks just don't know when to leave a sleeping dog lie.

Reactions: John70 and ron54

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That too......

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
morons...They did this in Modesto a few years back and was trying to lure in Law enforcement to unlawfully detaining them so they could sue the city. The other trick was to carry a semi-auto in a holster with no mag in the well into a Walmart. So you know someone would call and cops would come and stop to question the person and run them and the gun and again, unlawful detainment suit was on it's way. :police:

Reactions: ron54

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Ain't nothin straight forward anymore is there?

Reactions: Ratfink and ron54

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
morons...They did this in Modesto a few years back and was trying to lure in Law enforcement to unlawfully detaining them so they could sue the city. The other trick was to carry a semi-auto in a holster with no mag in the well into a Walmart. So you know someone would call and cops would come and stop to question the person and run them and the gun and again, unlawful detainment suit was on it's way. :police:
Ain't nothin straight forward anymore is there?
Yes............ STUPID......STUPID........people always f... things up for the rest of us........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
How did you add two quotes on the same post?

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How did you add two quotes on the same post?
I clicked on the little icon to the right of the " reply with quote " one...........it multi quotes..........

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm not comfortable seeing people carrying ostentatiously in public. Seems creepy, like an exhibitionist. You have one, good for you. But keep it in your pants unless you're using it.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not comfortable seeing people carrying ostentatiously in public. Seems creepy, like an exhibitionist. You have one, good for you. But keep it in your pants unless you're using it.
Yes........and why draw that attention to yourself..........and people that don't carry are on edge , so you create a situation and tension that doesn't need to exist..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I clicked on the little icon to the right of the " reply with quote " one...........it multi quotes..........
I still don't get it. I clicked on it and only the post I'm on shows as a quote. What do I do to add another?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yeah that's it right there.............
If I was in a bldg when these guys walked in...I would leave immediately. Can't blame business for not wanting it.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Oh ok.....got it thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah that's it right there.............
I still don't get it. I clicked on it and only the post I'm on shows as a quote. What do I do to add another?
If I was in a bldg when these guys walked in...I would leave immediately. Can't blame business for not wanting it.
Click the little +box on both post you want to quote.
See....................click and a check mark will show........then click on the normal quote one and all the ones you checked will show in the post

1 - 20 of 26 Posts