Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this gun a while and keep it clean. I had been leaving it in my center console for a while and decided to give it a good workout. To my shock, when I pull the trigger nothing happens... I take the gun inside and once it warms up it works fine again. I cant have a gun that wont fire because it gets cold... I assume maybe the firing pin is freezing or something but no idea what to do to solve this problem.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
You use frog lube? Oil the firingpin channel?
I'd clean the channel and pin, maybe even order a new striker spring.

Howdy

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Sounds like the trigger bar is gummy. Think I'd get some polymer safe spray and clean the gripframe.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Wow that's pretty wild............they think that when the gun is cold, the cocking cam binds and doesn't rotate fully to release the striker ! They say it seems the guns that have some over travel in the trigger aren't affected by this issue, as the cam will rotate enough to release the striker. But if the gun has no over travel the cam won't move enough to release the striker. Interesting..............and very odd !!

Reactions: feedramp

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Thats above my pay-grade :phew:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
It sounds logical but I would think the designer (Moon) would have considered this potential problem and planned for it. But then maybe not.

·
Registered
137 Posts
"I had been leaving it in my center console for a while"

jworth, how long is awhile ? And what were the temps inside your vehicle ... :cold:

I'd bring the pistol indoors at night.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry for the late response. It had been in there for days with temps taking a nose dive under the 0 mark. I kept it inside for a week or so and then went sledding with family for about an hour the other day to see how quickly it would stop working and to my shock after that hour in roughly 40 degree weather and a truck I am sure stayed warmer, it had already stopped working.

Im sending it into Kahr today.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Let us know how it comes out. Sounds like Kahr should be able to fix it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts