Kahr Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cw380 and a cm9, and am about buy a cm45. I have heard there a couple things that can be done to help the break-in process, like racking the gun with the mag removed and locking the slide back for a period of time. I'm not looking to shortcut the 200 round Kahr guideline, only to get some opinions.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I always dry cycle a new semi auto 500+ racks of the slide to bed / wear in the slide & rails in addition to working the spring before its first test fire / range session - primarily in rapid fire mode during the 200 rd break-in to check for any timing, tolerance or other issues as the pistol heats up...

Let us know how your CM45 functions.

I need a threesome... :~)

·
Super Moderator
23,334 Posts
I always dry cycle a new semi auto 500+ racks of the slide to bed / wear in the slide & rails in addition to working the spring before its first test fire / range session - primarily in rapid fire mode during the 200 rd break-in to check for any timing, tolerance or other issues as the pistol heats up...

Let us know how your CM45 functions.

I need a threesome... :~)
That’s how to do it

Reactions: Leftyis70

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a new Kahr owner I have a few views about breaking in a Kahr CW45 if it's any different than other Kahrs.
My first outing to the range, I was not prepared for what I found out about this little pistol. :confused:

A long time competitor with the M1A rifle my hands know loading mags very well, but with the Kahr.
Make sure to load every mag you first get & leave them loaded.
Do get a Uplula loader right at at first, blood blisters are your reward for forgetting it.
Shoot a lot & use Tri Flow for lube, a drop or two will work to clean & lube during break in.

I am on my way to near 1K rounds through this little pistol without a FTE or FTF it's very reliable.
Get a Pachmyer glove for the grip it helps with control & pain free shooting.

After years in Performance Motorcycles & Automobiles, I say run them like your going to use them
Frailty has no place in a self defense scenario where Murfey lives & plays. This little plastic pistol has
a great track record with me now, just do not baby it & it should work when you need it.

I'm sure they know what they are saying, but just know my Recoil spring is working great so to change it now
I hesitate because when new this & the mag springs are too strong & one can slip when racking the slide &
blood blisters were the pay off when loading new mags.

Now if overly strong springs are what Kahr uses to get the springs to work when used, I just do not understand
I have Colt 1911s & I have never gotten Blood blisters from any 1911 mag or had trouble racking the slide back
with std springs.

I have only been here a short while but have not read yet about overly strong springs used in the Kahr pistols.
Perhaps someone has found better springs, I use Wolff Springs in everything gun so maybe they have better springs.

As a Colt 1911 lover I like my little hide out .45 it's a great little pistol & I would buy another ifin I could find one.

Hey Kahr how about hiring more workers about now?? Do ya think you could sell some pistols
about now>?>?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts