Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that the PM 9 slide release is a better made one than the one on the CM 9. I looked at the Kahr website and both are the same price, $24.20 but different part numbers based on the model of the gun.

Does anyone know about this? I called Kahr but have yet to get a return call so I know before I order one.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
The catch in my cm is doing fine. Hardly any wear. I'm not worried, metal injection molding is not just pot metal anymore.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Almost all gun makers use mim parts in their weapons ...............kimber, s&w, ruger, Remington, even wilson..............like Toney said not to worry they rarely break. And if you wanted a standard production gun without mim parts be prepared to start paying 1,500.00 on up. Way of life today

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I haven't nor do I expect any problems with the metal injection molding Slide Stop Pin. I'm very content with guns well under $1500.00 thank you.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I think that mim parts get a bad rap, you don't hear about the hundreds of thousands of guns out there, that get the snot "shot" ( not slinging bob ) out of them ! And no failures, but let a couple of guys complain about an mim part breaking and the flood gates open about how crappy they are. Then the bashing starts about the manufacturers that use them. When in reality they all use them except for the high end gun makers, and you pay dearly for their craftsmanship and yes the pricey parts as well. Not to say its not worth it, if you can afford it, why not ! I would gladly own a custom Ed Brown, Les Baer or Luke Volkmann pistol. But I don't have, and can't justify 3,000 plus for a gun.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think a better standard of feedstock was in place a year or so ago as a standard for MIM, guess. I just took a couple thousandths off my cw slide lock inside so it want hit bullets poppin up then finger nail file then polish up to 6000. Think is right now, been working, not locking back.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
No problem with my CM9 slide lock.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Nor mine that I know about. I did do some molding of it though to reduce corners. I do like it better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts