Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just inquisitive, I guess.

Will the PM9 (machined slide stop lever) function properly if installed in place of the metal-injected-molded (MIM) slide stop on a CM9 ?

Theoretically, the machined parts are supposed to be a better product, but on the parts list, both prices ($24.20) are the same, with the cost cutting CM9 having the MIM lever .... :huh:

And, would it really make a difference in longevitiy ?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
You know its one of those roll the dice type things............mim parts are used in many if not all guns today, with the exception of a hand made custom costing thousands, and are fine probably 95% of the time or better. So it really is mostly a personal feel good choice for you..........if you want it and are more comfortable with it, get it.........I don't really think its a major thing to be concerned about these days............( long winded answer....whew !! )

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like mainly a marketing strategy, with the CM9 costing less than the PM9 Kahr probably did not want people to think you could upgrade the CM9 by installing PM9 parts. I compared both pistols and found out that the CM9 slide and barrel is slightly longer than that of the PM9 however, the frame appears to be the same.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should be the exact opposite. The CM9 has only a 3.0 inch barrel, where as the PM9 is at 3.1 inches... :encouragement:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I actually was able to compare the two pistols and was surprised to find that the CM9 was longer in the slide and barrel. Go figure that one out, make no sense to me what so ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts