Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just inquisitive, I guess.

Will the PM9 (machined slide stop lever) function properly if installed in place of the metal-injected-molded (MIM) slide stop on a CM9 ?

Theoretically, the machined parts are supposed to be a better product, but on the parts list, both prices ($24.20) are the same, with the cost cutting CM9 having the MIM lever .... :huh:

And, would it really make a difference in longevitiy ?

·
Super Moderator
23,653 Posts
You know its one of those roll the dice type things............mim parts are used in many if not all guns today, with the exception of a hand made custom costing thousands, and are fine probably 95% of the time or better. So it really is mostly a personal feel good choice for you..........if you want it and are more comfortable with it, get it.........I don't really think its a major thing to be concerned about these days............( long winded answer....whew !! )

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like mainly a marketing strategy, with the CM9 costing less than the PM9 Kahr probably did not want people to think you could upgrade the CM9 by installing PM9 parts. I compared both pistols and found out that the CM9 slide and barrel is slightly longer than that of the PM9 however, the frame appears to be the same.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should be the exact opposite. The CM9 has only a 3.0 inch barrel, where as the PM9 is at 3.1 inches... :encouragement:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.