Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at a gun show about a year ago I bought an inexpensive holster I intended for using at the range only. I've not used CC'n until yesterday. I have a real nice pancake holster I pain a good amount for and use exclusively for the CW45 recently purchased. Although it's pretty comfortable most of the time sometimes I notice my lower rib getting rubbed by it and it's a bother. Yesterday I thought I'd try the "cheapy". Wow and surprise. I hardly noticed it all day and evening and no sore ribs. I've surmised it's because of the excessive slant and where it rides. I think the next time I look at a holster I'm getting slant more than the usual 12- 15 degree. Another reason I bought it is I think it's a good looking holster with the basket weave look......$35. Any others out there with similar experiences?

As you can see I bought it for an M&P 9 but the CW45 fits great and I can always remold the holster fit. I did bone it for the M&P as it was just two basic flat pieces of leather shewn together.

DSC_0132rsz.jpg

Reactions: lefty60

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Actually looks pretty nice, a good cant always helps with conceal and comfort I think

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would agree although I tried it with the Garrett Silent Thunder holster and I couldn't pull the gun out of the holster still. It grabs if you don't pull it straight out.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Looks like my UC holster the Department issued to me...of course I turned it in when I retired. I swear.:fat:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've moved from leather to Kydex holsters and carry exclusively OWB, but hidden. I never found a leather holster that I felt held my gun securely and they all left me with the concern of loosing the gun out on the trail or maybe even while bending over in a store and dropping it out. I live in an open carry state that prefers you keep your handgun out of sight. The holsters I use come from one fabricator and they keep the gun in place well while still allowing it to be drawn when needed. These kydex holsters tend to fit pretty snug and some are concerned with scratching their gun but that has not been the case for me. They run about $60... just my 2 cents worth.

While this is not my Kahr I do carry this little Keltec in warm weather. Instead of a belt clip this one has a paddle and is extremely comfortable to wear.

P3AT1_1024x1024a.jpg

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Looks good......for owb kydex is fine I think.....but I carry iwb and dont like the hard plastic against my side/skin....need something pliable such as leather.......so I wear hybrids like crossbreeds

Reactions: lefty60

·
Registered
7 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419060064.215366.jpg This is my Crossbread Quik Clip IWB for my Sig P290. My CM45 fits in it really well! It has enough retention & is easy to draw. Love this little rig, it's quick to put on & plenty comfortable. Funny how my little P290 (9mm) is as thick as my CM45. Both are DAO but the CM45 is way better, I shoot the Sig ok but it's got a real long/mushy trigger pull.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
You know I've looked at those.....but read a number of reviews about them moving around.....but I see on yours there are 2 screws at the bottom of the clip to prevent it from allowing the holster to swing down.......hmmmm...I just might give one a try....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah Ron, that was the first thing I considered.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I almost ordered one for my cw 380, but the supertuck I had from the bodyguard actually fit the cw380

·
Registered
7 Posts
You know I've looked at those.....but read a number of reviews about them moving around.....but I see on yours there are 2 screws at the bottom of the clip to prevent it from allowing the holster to swing down.......hmmmm...I just might give one a try....
Yeah I have a Minituck for my SR9c & Supertuck for my shield 40, those have single screw clips & do shift a little when sitting then standing back up. The Quik clip has the wide 2 screw clip setup & is easier to put on. It shifts a little too but not that bad. As far as holster setup I found that holsters are just the half of it. A good belt is needed to make it all work. I got one through Ares gear that's really thick & seems to work well. It's real stiff and the buckle rubs my belly a bit, but it's been the best belt that I've owned so far. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419121220.069803.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts