Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Kahr, Folk,
My less than one year old/un-fired and carried maybe six times has an issue...
{Crack on R/Side Grip Panel (lower checkering to front strap serrations)?}
Is this a normal phenomenon?
Communication Device Telephony Electric blue Portable communications device Hardwood

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Definitely not normal................I haven't seen or come across anything like that in a kahr.........that's a defective frame.............you need to contact kahr....

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
new too me also...I'd be on Kahr like white on rice my friend.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
what model was it? Not that it matters, just curious...:huh:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I've read a couple of posts before about an apparent crack. It turned out to be parting line in the mold. Now, you've had your's for you said a year and I'm not taking you to task about it but just relaying to you what I've read. Like Mr. Rat said, I'd be making that call to Kahr.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
unless you live in Kansas and money grows on trees ....or house fall out of the sky. :fat:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
The Wonderful and Great OZ will have your arse if you keep messin around. I know him personally.

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
interesting...good to know. Thanks:dispirited:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a CM9 and it has been my daily carry for about a year. has about 400 rounds thru it. I have put Talon grips on mine for a couple of months but did not see anything like this before I installed them. Jump on Kahr before you fire it.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
I have a CM9 and it has been my daily carry for about a year. has about 400 rounds thru it. I have put Talon grips on mine for a couple of months but did not see anything like this before I installed them. Jump on Kahr before you fire it.
Yes..............

Reactions: John70

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update... Sent an e-mail to Kahr Saturday Night and got a reply Monday late morning with an RMA Number. Later that day a FedEx pre-paid shipping label came and it is off to Kahr for review!
I'll keep you all in the loop ';-)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have three polymer framed Kahrs. All three have the same mark as the gun in your picture. I cant say for sure about your gun, but the ones on my guns look like marks from the polymer mold. The marks have been there since day one.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
When I first read about this "crack" I looked at mine and I'll be damned if it didn't look like a crack. It wasn't but sure looked like it just as the post picture that I got the info from.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
When I first read about this "crack" I looked at mine and I'll be damned if it didn't look like a crack. It wasn't but sure looked like it just as the post picture that I got the info from.
So it's just the mold mark............I couldn't tell that from the pic...?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I'm talking of a picture a year ago on another forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update and Firearm Return...
Received CM-9 back from Factory on Thursdat 05/22/14 with letter stating that this is a factory mold mark and evident on all of their Polymer Framed Firearms. They did note that trigger pull was a bit long so thet reworked the lobe, lubed and tested before NC return to me!
...all in all good customer service, thanks ';-)

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Good stuff! Glad that worked out for ya and reaffirms my faith in Kahr:getdown:

Reactions: ConquestN98858

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Nice to see an example of good customer service.........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts