Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Wow......no one comments ........well I have 2 crossbreed holsters, a mini tuck and super tuck and love them both for their comfort. I have not tried any of their other holsters. I do use a Kusiak pocket holster, it's leather and well made. Check him out online his prices are decent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have two kydex holsters for my cw9 and p380, both with CT lasers. Generally carry OWB and had them made with wings and flexible loops as I am a lefty and have to commonly go into no defense zones and the loops allow the holster to be removed without taking off my belt. That is more of a pain for a leftie and highly recommended for those who use the correct hand.
In any case on arrival I determined that by reorienting the loop the holsters would work IWB, and with the wings and loops removed the works perfectly for front pocket carry. Three for one!
Very satisfied, good value and very reasonable order to delivery time. The best, most flexible and reasonably priced holsters I have found. Check out Crownholsters.com and if you have special requirements speak with Chris. I could not be more pleased.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Geesh...this is an old post. I'm sorry, but just in case someone is led here I have a Pocket Rocket for my CW380 and don't like it a bit. I just don't like the way it prints. It looks like you're carrying a small notebook or something in your pocket I guess, and in my opinion, it impedes the drawing of the firearm as well. It does real well in my drawer full of other holster failures however; not large at all, and doesn't take up much space.

I'm currently using a Remora and although I'm not totally satisfied with it (I'm considering an Alabama kydex pocket holster), I can at least get the gun out of my pocket easily.

·
Registered
148 Posts
For the P380 with ct laser, my experience with a couple of options:

I have an Elite Survival, which is very similar to to a Remora type. It works fine but its not perfect. It prints a little and you have to be conscious of how you draw to make sure the holster stays in the pocket. Certainly fine for cargo pants and the like. I like to store the gun in it because it has no leather. It doubles as a car holster because I can shove it between the passenger seat and the center console.

I tried the Trace Tarco. Its a very nice leather, secure, comfortable light and thin, does not print at all, and was very reasonable. However after regular use it softened to where it's difficult to get the holster to "grab" my pocket even using its split top design. Its a beautiful little holster, but I have to be prepared to have it come out with the gun, then shake or drop it off. So it stays in the drawer as an alternate.

I eventually broke down an bought a Recluse. Expensive, but the best for not printing at all, comfort, secured trigger, and super easy to draw. Its leather so I don't want to leave the gun it it. I keep the P380 in my Elite but usually switch to the Recluse any time I'm wearing dress pants and/or around people.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting and good information, thanks. I have a Trace Tarco on the way. It looked good and it was cheap to boot. So now it looks like I'll have to check out the Recluse myself. It's always that way with me though. I go through quite a few holsters before finding one that suits me. Then I buy another gun and start all over again.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I'm heavy on DeSantos (sp)but leaning toward trying the Recluse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two of the Desantis looked good to me...but I just now ordered the Recluse myself. Once I've decided on a couple to keep, I may donate the others to anyone on the forum. I currently have the Crossbreed Pocket Rocket, a Remora, a Trace Tarco, a Crossbreed Micro (which is still being made) and now the Recluse. I'm usually bad and can count on at least two and normally three holsters before deciding which one is a keeper, but this little 380 has sent me over the edge! It's embarrassing actually :redface:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I have the DeSantes Nemesis for each of mine and a few laying around in the cars so I always have one near.

·
Registered
509 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.