Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had never herd of a KAHR pistol before and found one by accident, loved the feel of it, bought it, and it is the finest pistol I own, it is a K9, I bought a LCP 380 for my wife and would like to get a CW 380 for myself, is there any reason I should buy the P380 instead of the CW380. for CC.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Hi Harley 2! Kahr says they are shipping the cw380 now. Has any one seen one yet?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Harley 2! Kahr says they are shipping the cw380 now. Has any one seen one yet?
It just so happens, I bought one today at a gunshow. The dealer said he just got it, yesterday. I saw another one at another table. I can't wait to shoot it, but the weather is so bad I'll have to wait for awhile.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
It just so happens, I bought one today at a gunshow. The dealer said he just got it, yesterday. I saw another one at another table. I can't wait to shoot it, but the weather is so bad I'll have to wait for awhile.
I was going to wait for a CW380 but had the money and couldn't wait so I bought a CM9 which I am loving it as Bob would say!
A friend of mine had a P380 which was great but he had it stolen from his truck, parked at his house, but unlocked!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Pics and a good review! !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going to wait for a CW380 but had the money and couldn't wait so I bought a CM9 which I am loving it as Bob would say!
A friend of mine had a P380 which was great but he had it stolen from his truck, parked at his house, but unlocked!
That's funny, not the part about the stolen gun, but I went looking to buy the CM9, but couldn't find one. I found a CW9 and a CM40, but settled for the CW380.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The CW380 is just as good for CC as the P380. The only reason to go for the P380 is if you really have to have a blackened slide. Otherwise you should take the CW and save the money.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yep.....................,,,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the input, I have herd good things about both, think I will wait for the cw, gives me more money to buy ammo for it.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
That's funny, not the part about the stolen gun, but I went looking to buy the CM9, but couldn't find one. I found a CW9 and a CM40, but settled for the CW380.
Good Evening Texron,
The more I try on other choices of guns the more I'm liking the CM9. I'm always looking for something better without costing an arm and leg. Can't find one better. I you bought it for CC then I can't imagine you not liking as much as I do.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
What it comes down to guys is this, kahr pretty much nailed it on the pocket pistol 9mm and 380 size pistol. Also on their other caliber clones. For size, weight, ergonomics, smoothness of action and trigger and accuracy................they are really hard to beat !!!
And with their more cost effective CW series, you really can't find a better gun for the $$ Yes you can find guns out there now in their size and weight range, for less $$, but they just don't compare quality wise. And don't have that sweet trigger kahr does !!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any recent comments on the Kahr 380

It is now January 2015 and I am wondering if everyone on this forum still believes that the CW380 is the way to go versus the P380. I carry a PM9 as a front pocket pistol and love it except when I am wearing tight jeans and then I carry a Kel-Tec 380 which in my humble opinion is a certifiable POS. Can anyone tell me if all the internals of a Kahr .380 are steel? The Kel-tec's frame is aluminum and if you shoot it regularly, the spot were the recoil springs rests in gets "smashed". I have had to return my pistol to Kel-tec and all they did was buff the burr off. I want a Quality 380 and I want another Kahr as they seem to have maintained quality with the Cw380, but I would like to hear someone on the Kahr forum give an unbiased opinion.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
In the last couple of months my son and I have each purchased a CW 380........I have only shot mine a couple of times to get it broken in, my son has shot his many times and is very happy with it, as is his girlfriend. There was a shop selling them for like $240 online, which is where he bought his.........and for the money they are a great gun......nice shooting and accurate for what it is.......for that price you won't find a nicer little 380..... !!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
The cm is just like a pm except for the rifling and some cosmetic differences on the slide.

I never worried about the guide rod digging in on my kts, the franken screw is what I didn't like.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts