Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is you opinion of putting on good auming target sights on the CW$45. I'm thinking something like Tru Glo. I realize it's not ever going to be a range shooting gun but I thought with the longer barrel, rather than the something like a CM9, it might be better to three button sight it than the Big Dot XS. Now the CM9 I'm thinking eventually I'd get the XS sight.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Tru glo's are great also..........had a set of the Tru Glo TFO's ( tritium fiber optic ) on a springfield XDsc a year ago and really liked them............I think your reasoning for what your gonna do there is sound.........if you do it, you will be very happy !!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's so hard for the inexperienced (me)to decide on the sights. Lots of questions in my mind about which ones,Glow, dot the i, SX, differ color front to back, dark back, low profile, paint, fiber optic, brass, titanium, gold, no sights, etc. Much too expensive to just jump and buy whatever.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I think fiber optics sights are neat but every bow sight I've had the fiber has broke.

If you can see what your shooting at you can see your sights, if not there's always your light.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Could try mounting a pair of binoculars to it bob..............
these would be perfect...........:lolu:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a light but beginning to think I should. They are so damn expensive - for a light for crin out loud. The Novak and truglo look they are well protected. I can't imagine breaking those. Do you know how you broke them? I suppose they are closed in because they are self illuminating?

Ron - Perfect??

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Hey.......you know......I couldn't help it.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well.............gonna have to talk to your controller (wifey), again, if you don't straighten up.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Ahhhhhhh..........that's ok.........no need for any of that.........don't need to get hostile now bob.......

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
IMG_20140116_130950.jpg my new light is a $20 light.
100 lumens for over 3 hours on a cheap AA battery. IMG_20140116_131529.jpg bow sights are different,

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
The tru glos are pretty well enclosed in a channel like mount, so they are actually well protected.........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So Toney. you hand carry the light and not attach to the gun. If so, that is what I would do. What is the one picture of that shows one object? Do you online order it or is it a store available light?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Both of the lights came from bass pro.
It is a bow and arrow sight, with the fiber optic out where when it gets old it will snap like a twig. The color also fades. The bow sight are pretty bright, the shrouded pistol sights have to be at the right angle to the light to work.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks, I would never have guessed what it was. The light? I've been half way paying attention to lights and from what I've seen they are high dollar and everybody talks of Lumens and light spread.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yeah I do...... and its a great little light !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have True Glow TFX's on two of my guns and really like them, and plan on putting them on my Kahr KP 45, These are well thought out and designed sights, presently they're on my Springfield Armory XDM 9mm and my Glock 43, 9mm, my older eyes really appreciate the vision I now have under any light condition, the TFX sights fiber obtic's are well covered and protected, they are low profile for ease of draw and not catching on your clothing for concealed carry, these are day and night sights, not like a lot of the fiber obtic sights offered today, I highly recommend them, they cost more, but they are well worth it, IMHO...

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Does anyone know if those are available for a glock 42?
Contact the sight company to find out for sure, but I believe them to be the same as for the Glock 43.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts