Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a box of 100 Winchester 45's on "sale" for $64 at Gander last week and was in Walmart later and bought the same thing for $45 so loaded up and went to the range to add the other 100 rds already thru my new CW. All went well except for two flags. First one was using the slide stop method of injecting a rd the slide stopped short about 3/8" from slide lock with bullet in chamber. I ejected and looked for markings on the casing and nothing harsh was evident. With only 200 rds. thru it the slide doesn't seem to "snap" home like it should. Probably my imagination but..... If it happens again I'm going to get a stronger spring I guess.
Other flag was I was shooting left handed for one of the few times I done that and bang slide hit the thump rear knuckle of thumb, not bad but got my attention while stopping the flow of blood. (I exaggerate) Obviously I was holding wrong. I got that corrected fast. I was going to maybe go thru both 100 boxes but one box was enough. The recoil is hard but comfortable enough. I'll save the other box for later to extend the enjoyment of shooting.
All in all it was a good session and the first time I shot at this little 3 lane, 7 yard long neighborhood range. $10 for 2 hours is good and no membership. I'm going back. I must say though, the concussions from the next two aisles were disconcerting.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I had the slide on a beretta 380 years ago nick the knuckle of my thumb..........all it took was the one time and never again...........,,.i think many shooters have at least one battle scar from shooting a weapon at one time or another !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was funny. I shot mostly aiming and was shooting well at 7 yards hitting around several little stickies I added. I thought ok lets try shooting as though just drawn and shooting from the waist. Second or third shoot in I nailed the center of a bulls eye. I need to QUIT aiming I wonder.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Just don't close your eyes bob....... :huh:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Here is a pic of the fiber optic on my xds......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ron,
It really looks small WAY out there at the front. Probably just because of picture. Have you got the rear sights blacked out and if so do you personally see an advantage over two dots at the back sight?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
The back sights are actually just white dots. The angle of the pic just made them look blacked out. The front glows pretty good......like I said great at the range........or in daylight.........like in most sd situations any sights are probably of dubious practical value...

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot to mention and ask about the worst event while there. I had two Mags both full with hollow points in them and had been for weeks. I removed them to load and shoot FMJ. After removing one rd the others just fell out almost. On both mags the follower was stuck at the bottom of the slide. I rapped it hard on the the table and the follower slide up. I haven't inspected to find the problem but just thinking of about it I may have to sand away the sides of the follower slightly or maybe expand the width of the stainless mags toward the bottom. Anyone have this experience?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Something definitely is sticking

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Have you cleaned your mags? The mags I bought from a shop here were full of sticky rancid oil.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No Toney I have not. Shame on me. I will. I did look down in to see the follower at the bottom and it looked clean.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know....my BAD.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Can look clean.......but still be sticky

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts