Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9,377 Posts
I've had a CW40 since 2009. It's been great. About 3,000 rounds down the tube no problems.

I carried this thing just about every day. I think that I need a second one, for a spare. You know, stuff happens.:getdown:

· Registered
9,377 Posts
I have not shot a CW45. I have shot a bunch of 1911's.

The .40 has a lot more "snap" than a .45. From having shot a lot of .45 and .40 I would say that there is no way that the CW45 would have more "snap or recoil" than a CW40. If anything the CW45 would be more "pleasant" to shoot.

If you can shoot a .40 I would not worry about a .45.

Just my not so humble opinion, based on what I think I should know :lolu:

· Registered
9,377 Posts
You answered as I had read you should. All I've heard is as you wrote. Why do you like the 40 over the 45, Kahr's is what I'm talking about, based on recoil characteristics?
I guess that I don't notice "minor" differences in recoil in pistols CW size and up to "normal" size. I can for sure tell the difference between a CW40 and a PM40, 'cause I used to have one. The smaller PM had more muzzle jump than the CW.

I did get rid of the PM40 'cause I found that I could pocket carry the CW40 just as easy as the PM40. So no longer need the PM.

Pro'ly not much help to ya, but typing is part of my physical therapy program. I did say physical not mental.

:crazysmile::getdown:

· Registered
9,377 Posts
"Therapy"? you wrote? Shooting that 40 is that is what's doing it to your hand? So much so you need THERAPY?. lefty60....maybe you need to change to knives...
Naw! I carry a knife (or two) but I still have trouble properly manipulating ($10 word) it. It's easier to hang on to the CW40.:biggrin:

The "fortay" is one of the gauges I use to show improvements in my coordination. I was once a "fairly good" pistol shooter, I'm not quite back to "parr" yet. I am getting better faster now.:getdown:

· Registered
9,377 Posts
I don't understand the reasoning behind "I'm gonna shoot this gun a bunch before I clean it, to make sure it's a good, dependable gun".
My money is more valuable than that to me....so
Can someone please tell me exactly what this proves?
If it makes sense, I may try it...
Some folks believe that if it works when dirty, it will work when you "need" it. :phew:

For that matter, if it won't shoot 3-400 rounds without cleaning, it ain't no good for a defense tool. :startle:

Just my not so humble opinion, based on my experience and training :crazysmile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.